CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Wishes

Since Christmas Day is about over, I thought I might give out some wishes I have for the upcoming year.

For Jason Varitek: A healthy and productive year as Red Sox Captain.

For Curt Schilling: One last great year, with you going out in a blaze of glory with another WS ring.

For David Ortiz: The A.L. MVP Award: You shoulda won it last year.

For Jon Lester: Health. Anything else is gravy.

For Manny: 40 HR, 135 RBI, a plus .300 avg, and happiness in Boston.

For Trot Nixon: A place to play everyday, a healthy year, and a return to the Sox one day in the not too distant future.

For Daisuke Matsuzaka: 15-20 wins and a thick skin. I'm afraid you're gonna need it.

And finally, for the New York Yankees and their fans: 3rd place in the A.L. East. Because I would only wish that on my worst enemy.

12 comments:

Tex said...

well while you're at wishing...how bout one for us getting a Closer?

Keep up the blogging and coming into the 21st century!

Ted D said...

Tex,

I kinda think they are going to give Donnelly a look at closer, if they can't get the guy from Texas. He's Japanese, and I'm too tired to look his name up!

Tex said...

YOU MADE IT!!!! your blog name is there!! at least my dvd player works...and it ain't me

Ted D said...

I feel like a stranger in a strange land with all this stuff. You don't understand: this is MAJOR stuff for me! I just go to work and be with my family, and all this is, I guess since I don't understand alot of the technology, it scares me. So thanks. I'm glad you figured all that out, but you made me lol about 10 times! Our satellite will go out, and my wife gets so mad at me: I run around like a chicken with it's head cut off, because I want it fixed, and don't know how to fix it!

Tex said...

Ted...if my 81 yr old dad can figure out how to use a webcam and phone on the internet...I think even YOU can finagle all this shiny equipment to work! and he was born in North Carolina then lived in South Carolina for at least 5 yrs before shipping off in the Navy!

Ted D said...

Tex,

I think patience is a big part of it too! And I try to save my patience for the wife and children, so by the time I get to the computer, the patience is used up!

Tex said...

ok Ted. You can combine two things..well three.

Teach yes I said Teach your kids how to use the computer...you spend time with them...and you spend time on the computer.

course it'll be like the blind leading the blind ;)

Ted D said...

My daughter is already so much better than I am on the computer. Of course the baby is too young, and my 3 year old only wants to watch the "Tessie" video on YouTube! But my daughter and I do play alot of games and she likes for her and I to look at Discovery Kids and things like that.

KAYLEE said...

I agree health is key for Jon Lester.I also like the one for Curt Schilling Heck that would probably make US all happy including the Red Sox.I agree Ortiz should have won the MVP award last year.He is a great player.
-kaylee

Ted D said...

'preciate you stopping by kaylee.

JET said...

Ted D, I love the picture you chose.

And this lovely holiday sentiment that embodies the spirit of the giving season: "And finally, for the New York Yankees and their fans: 3rd place in the A.L. East. Because I would only wish that on my worst enemy". Cheers to that.

Ted D said...

Thanks JET for stopping by. Does my fragile male ego some good!