CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Good Samaritan: Trot Style

So Trot learned the parable of The Good Samaritan at church Sunday and today he re-told it to his Nana, and later on to me.

"Dis man was walking down the street and dis bad man tame up and bopped him in the nose. DEN dis Preacher tame up and he just walked by. Den dis OTHER man tame by and he took his money AND his underpants. Den dis man from China helped him."

I have no idea why he thinks the Good Samaritan was from China. Who knows; maybe he was. And I'm pretty sure nobodies underwear was stolen but I'll have to go back and look at it again.

The biggest shocker in all this?

He actually got the gist of the story right, which means on some level he was actually listening to the older person in the room who was talking.

I'll take progress anywhere I can get it.

8 comments:

Karen said...

And the rest of the story is...right after he told the story to his Nana, he reached in his pocket, pulled out three pennies and gave it to me "for Jesus".

Love that kid.

sheri said...

Don't pick on my little buddy! He listens... it's just he only absorbs what he thinks is important. He makes me smile :0)

Tree Newt said...

Tat dave us a dood laugh. We needed it.

Ted D said...

Karen, what he didn't tell you was he stole the pennies out of his brothers room. It's the thought that counts.

fla beck said...

Bless his little heart. He's way cool,Ted!

Ted D said...

He's deranged, Becky. But I love him like the dickens.

Karen said...

Nicolas said it's really sad when even the good Samaritans are imported from China.

Ted D said...

Lolz.