CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This post brought to you by Shawshank.

It probably would have happened even if I HADN'T stumbled across it tonight on AMC.

Something about Spring Training and the countdown to Opening Day just sort of brings it out in me; but watching Red and Andy and Brooks and that God Awful warden (who by the way reminds me of Hank Steinbrenner more and more each time I watch it) is the equivalent of throwing gasoline onto a roaring campfire.

"Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. "

I hope the Red Sox win the AL East.

I hope the Yankees finish last.

I hope that Lester wins the Cy Young, Papi hit's 40 bombs, and Beckett wins 20.

I hope Hank Steinbrenner is found crying and in the fetal position by July 30th.

I hope.

4 comments:

alexis_RSN_South said...

I hope the Red Sox win a third World Series Championship in ten years.

Hey, while we're hoping we might as well go big. Right?

Ted D said...

Amen, sister. Amen.

Anonymous said...

That's two Shawshank references in a week bro. You're on a roll.


Did I tell you I watched it again on the flight home from Israel? Love that movie!

Ted D said...

You didn't, but I'm proud of you.