CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Rakes 101.

Rakes and Trot, in their last day of "freedom" before school started, spent the day yesterday with my Saint of a Mother. She was working in the yard when we got there, so both the boys got to spend the better part of the morning outside with Nanny, raking and sweeping and picking up sticks.

Mind you, if I asked them to do this they would look at me like I had 3 heads and immediately head off looking for ice pops and juice boxes. Nanny asks them? All of a sudden they can't WAIT to do a little manual labor.

Anyways, in the middle of all this Rakes and Mom had the following conversation.

Rakes: "Nanny, I love raking. Did my Dad name me after a rake?"

Mom: "No, Rakes. That was MY Dad's last name."

Rakes: "Oh. Anyway, this is fun!"

A few minutes later.......

Rakes: "Nanny. I know what I want to be when I grow up!"

Mom: "What's that?"

Rakes: "A Janitor!"

Mom: "Well, that would be good. But you could go to school like your Mom and get your degree, be a teacher like your Mom, and work at the same place as a Janitor but make more money if you wanted."

Rakes: (After a few silent seconds of pondering this new idea) "Nah. Being a Janitor is A LOT more fun!"

Ang says he's just like me. Content to go through life just being happy with what he's doing and no real ambition to strive higher.

There are a lot of things I can think of that would be worse than that.

No comments: