CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 6, 2007

Where we doin' Dad?

My little boy asks me "where we doin' Dad?" several times a day. He means going. The little guy has a hard time with his G's, as well as his S's and B's, so my wife and I have learned how to translate 3 year old.

Anyway, "where we doin" is usually followed up with "we doin' outside and play bat and ball Dad?" The boy LOVES baseball: playing it, watching it, just loves it. Today he asked me that, and while we were outside, I got to thinking.

I wonder where the Red Sox are going this year? After finishing in 3rd place in the A.L. East last year, a lot of moves have been made by the front office: Signing Matsuzaka, Lugo, Donnelly, and eventually JD Drew. Stocking up in the bullpen with some quality arms to go along with the young guns. Letting Loretta, Gonzalez, and Trot leave. And, Thank God, not trading Manny.

Are they better than last year? On paper, yes. And if the team can stay relatively healthy, they are gonna be right in the thick of things all year. A lineup of Lugo, Youk, Papi, Manny, Drew, Lowell, Tek, Crisp, and Pedroia is pretty dadgum impressive. And a rotation of Schill, Beckett, the Papelbot, Dice K, and Wakefield, with a bullpen of Timlin, Delcarmen, Donnelly and Pineiro is as deep as it's been since 2004.

So, where are they going? Division Champs? Playoffs? World Series?

I hope I get to say this come October:

Son, the Sox are doin' to the dance.

4 comments:

Tex said...

Ted, if I didn't know any better, I'd swear that youv'e been writing blogs all your life.

You have definitely got the knack for it. Blending in your personal life with your love for baseball and the Red Sox. I love today's post. Kids say the darndest things and are so pure in heart. I wish baseball would go back to being pure again.

I hope the Sox are doin' to the Dance this year. I would so love to Dance in October.

KAYLEE said...

I hope we all are saying that come october:)

Ted D said...

Thanks Tex. Considering at the age my children are, baseball, the Sox, and my family are all I can do in my spare time! Very sweet of you to say.

Kaylee, amen.

Stacy said...

Great post, Ted. I totally agree with Tex; you have a knack for writing (although I've already TOLD you this and you just ignored me.)

Just remember, I'm reading, so watch what you say about my niece and nephews. Rakes is just a boy. All boy. 110% boy. You'll survive the energy; we did!