CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 11, 2010

Funny. He LOOKS safe enough.

*Image courtesy of Kelly @www.sittingstill.net*

Funny, he doesn't look like the second coming of Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Yet he's broken the ribs of not one, but TWO Red Sox outfielders due to an in game collision.

I don't know if he's made of granite or Jacoby Ellsbury and Jeremy Hermida have physiques made of clay but what I do know is this; they are both on the disabled list and Adrian is still playing 3rd with reckless abandon and sans cup.

Good thing he's hitting like Ted Williams at the moment or otherwise the Faithful would be rioting in the streets right about now.

Me? I'm all in favor of the suggestion I read earlier today; equip the outfield with Kevlar and let the chips fall where they may. 'Cause as long as the guy is banging balls off the Monster and flashing the leather at 3rd I'm content to just live and let die as far as the lineup is concerned.

You maybe would say the fact they won 12-2 tonight and Beltre went something like 4 for 6 is factoring into my thinking.

And you'd be right. If you'd told me this dude would have 40 RBI's on June 11th I'd have called for the guys in the white coats to come take you away, yet here we are and I can honestly say I'm enjoying the "Adrian Beltre Era" in a big way.

Now, if someone could give me back my Commander sometime soon I could die a happy man.

No comments: