CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Love this Game.

I had several different topics on tonight's blog post banging around inside my head today. First and foremost was when I was watching "Four Day's in October" last night and the fact that Curtis Leskanic pitched meaningful innings in the '04 ALCS and it didn't hit me THEN that that team was destined for greatness.

How else do you explain Curtis Leskanic NOT giving up 10 runs? Apparently my lack of sleep combined with my stress level prevented me from seeing the obvious at the time but I gotta tell you that even knowing how it turned out I still got nervous when I saw him in there.

My second topic was the ongoing mystery of why my kids cannot grasp the concept of flushing the toilet. Everything else up until that point they've got down pat, but that final yet REALLY IMPORTANT part just won't sink in. Which turns every visit to one of my 3 bathrooms into a really, REALLY bad treasure hunt.

Real life interrupted all that when I got home in the middle of the 4th inning of Game 1 of the Reds/Phillies game and proceeded to watch history unfold before my very eyes.

It's not every day you get to see a no hitter thrown in the playoffs.

Congrats, Doc.

3 comments:

Sam Jackson's Lovechild said...

halladay threw a no-hitter? is he playing in the winter dominican league this off-season?

Matty said...

A walk away from two perfect games, not only in a career, but in the same season. Unbelievable. What a performance.

Ted D said...

JB, your refusal to follow the playoffs is both disturbing and admirable at the same time. I just can't NOT watch.

And Matty, he was filthy. And your team looks mighty tough; it's theirs to lose.