CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Funny. I didn't miss Paula one bit.

Every year I watch "American Idol" with Ciera. Not when they get to Hollywood, just the ones that stink, mind you. I think this has to do with the fact I can't carry a tune and won't even sing in the shower out of fear Ange will hear and leave me on general principle alone.

Secondly, I'm not much of a music person. I like certain groups and songs, think 80's Hair Metal should have it's own wing at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and I'd like to see U2 and Bruce live before I kick the bucket but I'd rather listen to sports talk radio than music any day of the week. I don't own an Ipod, have never downloaded music from the internet, and couldn't name 95% of the current artists if you drew me a map and gave me a text book.

All that said, as I'm watching complete tools act like idiots on national television while Rakes and I giggle like morons and Ciera feels sorry for them, I heard two songs that always give me goosebumps.

Song #1? Jeff Beck and Rod Stewart say it best. Although Rod's outfit is a tad scary.



Song #2? "Boston". Only this version was taken by my friend Cyn at the "Hot Stove" Concert a few years back, with Bronson Arroyo doing the honors. Wait for the adjusted lines toward the end; God Bless Bronson.

No comments: