CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 25, 2010

Give me the Pony Express any day.

Anyone who knows me has this one fundamental fact committed to memory; me and technology just don't get along.

I don't own an Ipod, a MP3 Player, couldn't tell you the difference between IBM and Apple if Jack Bauer had a loaded gun to my head, and get EXTREMELY aggravated when I have to set the DVR.

The fact that I actually have a blog and can upload pictures to it comes close to a modern day miracle. Seriously, I once spent 45 minutes trying to figure out why the tool bar disappeared before I asked Ciera to fix it. Trust me, hearing "Dad. You just have to put the arrow THERE and it comes back" is something you don't want to hear.

So it comes as no big shock to anyone that me and my cell phone have a love/hate relationship. Especially since I went to the touch screen version. So far my friend Cyn has heard me "gently" berating an elderly gentleman for pulling out in front of me, another friend Candaon got a 10 minute rant at the kids one day, and today my brother from a distant mother JB called me to let me know I'd reached out and touched him via the phone about 10 times.

In my defense, I was at Rakes school, WITH Trot, to eat lunch and Trot was roaming the Gym where he'd picked up all the cones the PE Teacher was going to use for her next class and scattered them to the Four Winds. I'm hoping he heard the part where I asked her how Rakes was doing and she said he was one of her best students and she used him as an example to the rest of his class.

'Cause if he DIDN'T hear it and I try that line on anyone who knows us I'm getting labeled "The Biggest Liar Since That Kid Who Cried Wolf".

I'm taking this opportunity to apologize to anyone I've done this too up until now and anyone in the future.

Your confidentiality agreement is in the mail.

6 comments:

Tex said...

You're not the only one. Canadaon butt called me one morning a zillion times. The touch screens need a cover

Ted D said...

Yeah they do.

Dewey said...

I hate my touch screen. It hides in my purse and does thngs without my permission, though it's supposed to be locked. Devil devise.

Ted D said...

What Dewey said.

Amy said...

I love my phone and have gotten used to using a touchscreen but if I'm talking to you and accidentally mute you or hang up, it's not my fault

Ted D said...

Yes it will be, Amy. ;)