CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Finally, we Meet

I picked Ciera up from my sisters house tonight and as she came out the front door she says "He who won't be named (only she used his real name) is inside".

I of course marched right up the driveway and into the house and introduced myself, followed a half second later by Ciera, who I'm sure thought I would RUIN her life in one sentence.

Just when I'm ready to get out a heat lamp and grill this kid for a good hour with a rubber hose close by he asks "You a Red Sox fan?" Seeing as I'm wearing my science experiment gone wrong, ever present cap I'm not totally shocked by this question and I'm THIS close to making a "you're a real Sherlock Holmes, huh?" crack and then he goes and floors me.

"So am I". And I notice the Red Sox necklace around his neck. Mind you, Ciera could have tipped him off that it wouldn't be a bad idea to have something Sox related on at all times just in case we met, but it looked sort of worn and ragged so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

I'll save the "20 questions about the Red Sox" quiz for next time.

Sure would be easier to hate this kid if he was a Yankee fan.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I keep TELLING you he's a good kid. (Except for whacking Jared in the eye with a ping pong paddle, I have no complaints.) He even thanked us for dinner before he went home. :)

Ted D said...

I don't trust him one bit.