CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Married. With Teenagers.

I'm entering a new phase of my life. And no, it's not the Bobby Valentine era, although that DOES have my interest peaked.

This one is a lot scarier; Dad of a teenage daughter.

Up til now my biggest worries have been related to urinating and the constant threat of a broken bone at any moment, and while those are still very, VERY real they're now paired with dealing with a teenage mutant daughter.

One minute she's giving me a hug and telling me she loves me and the next she's stomping off to her room and yelling at her mother over her shoulder. She simultaneously talks about he who shall not be named and some tv show on Disney while complaining about school and freaking out about her lack of trendy clothes. At this point I half expect her head to spin 360 degrees on her shoulders and green slime to come spewing out of her mouth.

This is the same little girl that not that long ago would run to the door whenever I came home yelling "DADDY!" at the top of her lungs and jump into my arms. Nowadays I'm lucky if I get a "Hi Dad" and a peck on the cheek before she goes stomping off to bed.

I keep telling myself it's only temporary and one day in the not too distant future she'll come around but in the name of all that is Fenway Park?

I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to keep her Mom and her from killing each other before that happens.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Everything you're describing sounds very familiar to events around here not too many years ago. No, her head will not spin 360 degrees, and yes, she will outgrow this (eventually). May the force be with you. :)

Rich in the Garage said...

and that my friend is why the big guy created beer.

Ted D said...

Stacy, I hope you're right. And Jr, I was thinking more along the lines of Qualudes.