CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 2, 2009

Married. With Children.

Every now and then, I wonder what my life would have been like If I'd have taken a left turn when I took a right or decided to stay put instead of move on. I wonder what would have happened if I'd ignored that little voice in my head and just done what everybody else would have done.

And every time I do this, it only confirms the fact that through God, common sense, or just blind freaking luck I made the right decisions most of the time. Now I'm not talking about that mullet I sported for a few years in the early 90's, that girl I just KNEW was the one in the 10th grade, or getting my college degree in Broadcast Journalism when I sound like the bastard child of Jim Neighbors and Larry the Cable Guy.

I'm talking about Angie. And consequently, Ciera, Rakes, and Trot.

I've got a woman who puts up with some of the most inane statements you've ever heard, as well as an OCD, baseball loving idiot. And I've been blessed with 3 wonderful, healthy, certifiable children you'll ever meet.

Just during today, Ciera wrote a letter to Coca Cola with a new idea for a commercial, Trot has decided he needs tennis shoes with his pajamas, and Rakes fell asleep wearing a pair of boxer shorts and his long sleeve Spider Man pajama top.

Granted, all three instances are minor occurrences; but when you combine them with the entire body of work you see why I'm on the down hill slide toward a padded room and a full time shrink.

And I couldn't have scripted my life any better than it's played out.

Besides, I'd have missed out on Rakes in Sponge Bob footie pajamas, running a train over my hardwood floors and depreciating my home's value by about $5,000.

Is Spring Training here yet?

7 comments:

Tex said...

seriously. I have to get back to the city and out of this Diva Rules household

Tree Newt said...

You're just sucking up after conning Ang into the MLB package on the dish!!!

Ted D said...

Tex, the city of Austin thanks you for the break. ;)

Mattie, the MLB channel is part of the regular DirecTV package thank you very much. I'm sucking up for something completely different. :)

Stacy said...

Rakes and Trot are just "distressing" your floors. Adds character. :)

Tex said...

Stacy, i think the Dalton gang has enough characters in the household already

Ted D said...

Stacy, I agree with Tex; we've got enough characters.

Tex said...

and Ted. Austin misses me