CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 27, 2010

"HARRY! I LOVE YOU!!!!!"

So I find myself the only one awake at 10:30 on a Saturday night.

No baseball yet so I'm flipping around and come across "Armageddon" on FX; a perfect movie for me. Not really deep but tugs at your heart strings, especially when Bruce shoves Ben back in the the tube to die with the nuke. Or when that dude from "Prison Break" goes up to Steven Tyler's daughter and does the "I'd like to shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man I've ever known" bit at the end. And when you throw your brain out of the equation when it comes to a bunch of oil drillers flying into space to blow up an asteroid and all that, it's actually a pretty entertaining movie.

With without a doubt the most oddball casting of any movie made in the last 50 years.

Think about it; in ONE movie you've got Bruce Willis, Ben Afflack, Owen Wilson, Billy Bob Thorton, Liv Tyler, that crazy guy who always plays a Russian, the assistant coach from "Remember the Titans", Steve Buschemi, the guy from "The Green Mile" and that one overweight dude from every movie you can remember.

It's Hollywoodoverthetopness at it's finest.

So, you'd think that an industry that would green light this would jump all over the real life adventures of a guy just trying to keep it all together while his kids use the world as their personal latrine would get SOME love, right?

No luck so far, but I'm thinking of hiring the publicist for "Jersey Shore".

If he can make THAT train wreck happen surely he can see the merits of my life.

Right?

3 comments:

Tex said...

I like that show. ok gotta go beat a kid in ping pong

Ted D said...

Via con Dios, Tex.

Tree Newt said...

Plus, you get Michael Clark Duncan singing "Leaving on a Jet Plane" with Buschemi! CLASSIC!!