CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Being a parent is rough on your ulcer.

When my sister texted Ang earlier today to let her know my niece's graduation was being moved back a couple of hours due to "inclement weather", I knew something was up.

Tornado's to Okie's are like heavy rains to the rest of us; you've seen one, you've seen 'em all.

So I sort of knew these weren't your average storms; turns out a half mile wide tornado was ripping across the plains about 10 or so miles from where my sisters, parents, and most importantly, Rakes were. 'Course he was playing "Guitar Hero" on the Wii and was oblivious (thank God) but I was a flipping nervous wreck.

Factor in I was at Ciera's 7th grade band recital at the time and IF I'd had a blood pressure thingamabob I'm going to guess it would have made my 160/112 look pretty good.

Thankfully, all the storms went west and north of where they were. And it's not like if I'd have been there it would have been any different; the storms would have still came and I'd have still been freaking out.

But something about your son being in the path of something that devastating and the feeling of total, 100% helplessness turns me into a jangling ball of nerves.

If somebody ever invents that plastic bubble that is 100% effective I'm buying that bad boy in about .10 seconds.

And I don't care if I've gotta take out a second mortgage to do it.

No comments: