CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Yet Another One of My Harebrained Ideas.

Yesterday was my Saturday off for the month, the weather was beautiful, and I decided to take the kids fishing at one of the local lakes.

Like most of my ideas this was great in theory and not so great in practice.

Five minutes after throwing our lines in the water Trot was muttering "There are no fish in this pond". My response that it was a lake didn't really reassure him. 5 minutes after that he had to pee.

5 minutes after we got back, Rakes had to pee. In the meantime, the three of them had cast out approximately 5,000 times and some little kid on the other end of the pier had spotted us and was in the process of telling Rakes he was 12 years old and had been to the moon. Throw in the fact his idiotic parents had let him bring his bike to the pier and I'm just about ready for a straight jacket.

So it should come as no surprise that when Trot grabbed the back of his pants and informed me he had to go poop right after I discovered he'd broke his fishing pole we'd used approximately TWICE I felt like Bruce Willis in the middle of "12 Monkeys".

When we finally trekked back from the bathroom (No going #2 in the woods, no matter how much Trot begged) I found Ciera laughing hysterically while Rakes made crazy motions with his hands at the little kid while his parents cheerily argued away about how the husband was in no way/shape/ or form going to, and I quote "Your dingbat Mother's house tomorrow".

The next time I hear somebody say "Fishing is relaxing" I'm gonna drop kick 'em in the gibleys.

No comments: