CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 19, 2011

So Far Away From Me

For the last 3 weeks or so Rakes has plopped down right next to me and watched the first few innings or until 9 o'clock, whichever came first, of the Red Sox games with me.

He's asked me who is hitting, pitching, where is Papi, and why does that guy sitting behind home plate look like Princess Leah with yellow hair. He's high fived me, asked 4,000 times if 2 and 1 means 2 strikes and 1 ball or 1 ball and 2 strikes, and wondered aloud how many pieces of gum do I think Francona chews in a game.

He's also knows who everyone is by sight except for Salty and Tek (I think the mask throws him off) and he even asked me the other night "Why doesn't Matsuakara(his pronunciation) just throw a strike? From the mouths of babes.....)

Tonight I drove my newly found game watching partner to my Mom and Dad's house where he will leave out around 4 a.m. for Oklahoma and my niece's wedding where he'll be the pall, I mean ring bearer for her wedding next weekend.

For the first time in his short 7 years I won't see my little buddy for 2 solid weeks. Yeah, he'll have a great time with his cousins and yeah he'll get to see and experience a lot of stuff he hasn't ever seen.

And I'm truly happy for him.

But I'm really going to miss my little man.

Thankfully, I'll still have Trot.

Vegas is currently laying odds on whether he kills me or I kill him first.

If you're a bettor, take the odds and Trot.

2 comments:

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

We're going to take great care of Rakes! We're so excited he's coming and getting to stay so long. You and Trottie will have a great Father/Son time! Thanks for sharing Rakes with us for the wedding! It means a lot to us! But we're going to miss you two!

Ted D said...

I know you will. Plus, we've worked out a little "surprise" for the wedding; hope Court and Drew have a sense of humor. ;)