CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 25, 2011

Can I Get A Mulligan?

If you're a parent you've had days like the one I had today. Where no matter what you said, nobody listened; a day in which you want to take your kids to the pool and spend some time with them (the fact it's like a massive sleeping pill later on is merely a side benefit) but can't due to not one, but TWO thunderstorms; a day where you could actually sleep in a little bit due to the fact you're off work but they suddenly decide THIS morning is when they'll turn playing the Wii into War Games at 6:30 in the freaking morning.

Literally, from then until I just put them in the bed 15 minutes ago today I could have accomplished more by going outside and banging my head on the brick covering the front of my house than all the things that occurred over the past 15 or so hours.

So, in honor of my Clark Griswoldish day and in honor of all parents who ever had "one of those days" I give you the legend himself, Clark. W. Griswold, to express what we all wish we could say but most of us never do.

Needless to say, the language that follows is most definitely not safe for work, small children, Grandparents, and jumpy farm animals.

I'll be curled up in the fetal position if you need me.

No comments: