CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 30, 2011

He May Be Old. But He Ain't Dead Yet.

*Image courtesy of Kelly and www.sittingstill.net*

At about the same time today, three things happened.

39 year old Jason Varitek hit 2 home runs in a win against the Phillies, Rakes was crying in agony from water in his ear and was hopping up and down on one foot while slapping the side of his head and Trot, and I quote, "I dot this bump on my face when I was at the pool and tried to back-flip/cannonball into the water and hit my head".

If you had offered me 10 to 1 odds Rakes would cry over a sore ear, Tek would hit 2 home runs in a game, and Trot would hit his head on the side of the pool while attempting some idiotic dive I'd have put down $500 on the spot.

Ok, maybe not. But 2 out of the 3?

I'm pretty sure the Mayan's wrote about 'em when they did that whole "calendar" thing.

Not to worry. Rakes called me as soon as the game was over and let me know he, and the Sox, were all right.

"Sox won, Dad. 5-2. Who do we play next?"

4 comments:

Tex said...

I'm hoping the Astros post game reports begin with "Houston, WE have a problem..."

They better bring their A game.
Knuckler, rookie and spitball fire on the mound in that order this weekend

Ted D said...

Are you going to any of the games? I know you had tickets and were looking for someone to take one off your hands.

Stacy said...

Gotta love Varitek. :)

Sorry about Rakes' ear ache. I talked to him on the phone and he sounded so sad that he couldn't be swimming. :(

Ted D said...

He's fine now. Went swimming with the Morris boys at their place and seems good as new.