CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Things are looking up



After a long winter of ear infections,and a three year old who seems to be copying the daily life of Dennis the Menace, things are looking up. My daughter is 8 going on 18, and my wife, who despite having the patience of Job dealing with all the things that happen daily to a stay at home Mom, is just one of my stupid comments away from using my head as a pinata. Even so, the sun is shining.

I've been self employed for the last 14 years and have to make quarterly payments of my estimated taxes. My accountant called yesterday, and for the first time EVER, I'm getting a refund. Not just a federal refund, but a state as well. The fact that I made less, have a higher mortgage, and get mugged by my health insurance company every month is not going to take away my joy at this unexpected windfall.

I spent 2 hours watching NESN videos on Spring Training last night, and finally made it to bed around 1 this morning. Am I certifiable? Yes. I blabbered on and on to Angie this morning about what Tito and Theo said in their 20 minute press conference, even though they are more tight lipped than the Bush administration about anything important, and basically said nothing in that 20 minutes. Did not care. It was baseball.

Down in FL, pitchers are throwing, guys are running, and Schill is talking 90 miles a minute to anyone who will listen. Any day now, Manny will come skipping into camp, grinning and pointing, and the man hugs will commence. Inside, I'm doing a happy jig.

Because baseball, finally, is here.

22 comments:

Tex said...

I hear ya Ted! The training i put on Friday at a juv prob dept I smartly incorporated baseball into...its about writing goals for kids...so of course I talked about what players do to get to The Show. It was a blast to combine 2 things I love, training and baseball!

Today is a gorgeous day. The return drive was long as my head hurt like someone took a Louisville Slugger to the back of it. But Im home now, took my meds, lying down, listening to my FREAKING noisy neighbors...but its ok COS Baseball is starting FINALLY!!

Ted D said...

Tex, glad you made it home and that Corpus Christie is still standing. Kinda quiet with you out of town!

Tex said...

no "e" in christi. I went with friends downtown Corpus which is on the waterfront. We all got sobered up after leaving the bar as we went to the local burger joint "Hurbs" to eat. They stay open till 3am. nothing like grease to soak up the alcohol!

Im resting now...will be up later to get out again though. I am sure everyone else provided enough entertainment with me gone. I have to start writing more often on my blog. You are making me look bad.

KAYLEE said...

//Down in FL, pitchers are throwing, guys are running, and Schill is talking 90 miles a minute to anyone who will listen. //
Nothings wrong With that some people like to talk alot including,me I will talk to invisible people if I have to just to talk.

//Any day now, Manny will come skipping into camp, grinning and pointing, and the man hugs will commence.//
Yeah he is finally gumma come to camp on time:)

Tito and Theo may be as tight lipped when it comes to important things) as the BUSH ADMISTISTRATION but the BUSH ADMINISTRATION is dumber.

Ted D said...

Sorry Tex: Corpus CHRISTI :)

You got me by 10 years or so, and all the running around you do makes ME tired! Glad you made it back safe and sound.

Kaylee, you like to talk? No way. :)

KAYLEE said...

//Kaylee, you like to talk? No way. :)//
Haha yes I do.If you know me wekll.It does not take long to realize that either.My boyfriend hates it cause I will talk about anything all the time.Even if it is whessther we wil have a full moon that night or not.:)

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Alright, I can't take the fan club hanging on your every word! You have children , you have a job , you have a tv and a house but yet you moan and complain thru your whole blog. You are the definition of Fortunate Son so just tell us about the Sox's!

Ted D said...

Grandpa, did they let you out again? Or are you on the loose without no one knowing it?

My whole post is about the Sox bub. And my windfall from Uncle Sam. I gotta include the family in it. That's my MO. C'mon now, represent!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Just in case you didn't know, a refund is a ugly word for audit me!So I hope you didn't try to write off the MLB channel. I guess you recovered!

Ted D said...

Tell me about it. I've been thinking about the audit since he told me that. Something tells me a guy who has had to pay every year getting a refund will raise a few red flags. I'm better: had Cracker Barrel today with hot sauce, so hopefully all is good. Time will tell.

Ted D said...

Just writing this to see 10 comments go to eleven. Jack Bauer saved the world again tonight, and I'm bored. :)

Tex said...

BORED???? BORED????? you got 3 kids and a wife....how can you be bored??

Ted D said...

They are all sleeping!

Thank God.

Tex said...

shall I send over someone to wake them all up?

Ted D said...

DON'T YOU DARE.

Silence is more valuable than Gold around here!

Tex said...

oooooooooh now he's yelling at me! LOL!! I know. well time for sleep...at least it wont take me long to get ready in the morning. Just putting on clothes and pulling my hair in a ponytail and heading to the hospital

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Ernest T , why are you still up! If you are please explain why a team is paying 103 mil to a guy from a country where the avg person is 4'9". I know I still have a little heat left. Let the Soxs know I'm working out as we speak! By the way you got outed to the other sister out her. You could prob. run for the SF mayor as much experince as you have!!!!

Tex said...

I should be asleep but I cant so I posted a new blog ted. and I SWEAR I have not taken any of the meds I SWEAR!!!

Ted D said...

Scott,

What in the great wide world of sports are you talking about? Mayor of SF? Are you off your medication?

Good luck on the surgery today Tex.

Tex said...

surgery went well. drugs are good and strong. left fingers will b paertially numb foer abit so scuse the mispelling. i did manage to post new post last night. check it out ya...i hope y9ou find it entertaining

Tex said...

ok i divulged the truth on my post

Ted D said...

Glad it went well Tex. So, you came clean, huh? I'll check it out.