CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 14, 2007

The Day After: I Needed a Break

After "Black Thursday" and the Mitchell report, I needed a laugh: I found it while googling "Images of Manny Ramirez" and surfing the World Wide Webs. Here we see Papelbon and Lowell, dressed in their Sunday Go To Meeting clothes and drinking beer out of a can.

Contrast that with this shot of Manny dressed like Arthur Fonzarelli and Okajima looking like Johnny Depp in "Pirates of the Caribbean" drinking what looks to be wine out of a crystal goblet. If you use your imagination, you can almost hear Manny saying "Heyyyyyy": I'll give you 10 to 1 odds there is a black leather jacket to the left of Manny JUST off screen.

If you look over their shoulders, you can see Lowell and Papelbon, along with what appears to be the back of Josh Beckett and his girlfriend's heads. I can only imagine they were playing cards while Beckett was muttering epithets and dropping the F bomb every 3 seconds while he and Papelbon stare each other down and Lowell plays the peacemaker.

All the while, Manny and Oki are seemingly debating the merits of what type of Red Wine goes best with halibut and which one of the Three Tenors was actually the best.

After 2 days of talking wonks going on and on about the Mitchell report, who else is out there whose name DIDN'T come out, and hearing more about Roger Clemens than I'd want to in a lifetime, finding these pictures was a Godsend.

My quest for tomorrow? Previously undiscovered pictures of Papelbon doing the Riverdance WITH the Bud Light box on his head.

Like I said: I need the break.

*Saturday Night: After a day filled with crying, yelling, and Rakes ending up looking like he's ready to join the Marines, I just don't have it in me for a new post. I'll try tomorrow: for now? I'm gonna go downstairs, watch my World Series DVD for the 3rd time, and try to forget today ever happened. Is it Spring Training yet?*

17 comments:

Tex said...

i see beckett on the plane back telling paps and lowell they need to **** then downing his beer and asking for another. i dont need a break. steroid rumors/reports dont mean a thang to mah

Stacy said...

You could have just posted the picture of Mikey, and I would have been happy. :)

Isn't there a dress code of some sort when the team travels? If so, Manny did not get the memo.

Ted D said...

Tex, I'm just tired of hearing about it, non-stop for 3 days. Of course, if I turned off ESPN and MLB radio, I wouldn't hear it, right?

Stacy, I don't think that after winning the WS they would enforce a dress code if they have one. But maybe they did and that is Manny's way of dressing up. Who knows.

Tex said...

they DO have a dress code...wear pants

Ted D said...

I don't know, Tex. Pap sort of violated that part of the dress code then. ;)

Sweeping, mopping, and vaccuming on a Sat. morning = big plate of sux.

Tex said...

what are you doing? blogging on a iphone? how can you vacuum and blog?

Ted D said...

Tex, IN BETWEEN sweeping, mopping, and vaccuming.

Stacy said...

If there isn't a dress code, why does Pap look like he belongs on the cover of GQ? He usually goes for the goggles and beer box look, doesn't he? :)

Ted D said...

It may be a personal preference thing, Stacy. Schilling is in jeans a lot, so I'm not really sure.

Sounds like my mission for tonight is laid out: find out if they have a dress code.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Don't you think you could do something constructive, like ring the bell at walmart.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Bust'n marbles on two different blogs gets a little tricky.

Ted D said...

Dude, the chaos we've had here today, this IS productive. Trust me.

We all can't be the lead in the Christmas play, you know.

Stacy said...

Rakes is definitely ready for basic training with his new haircut. It makes him look even more mischevious than usual. :)

Ted D said...

Perfect timing Stacy: I just put a new post up.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Mmmmmm.... Mike Lowell...
::sits in a trance::

Ted D said...

::snaps fingers in Dawns face::

::puts smelling salts under her nose::

::yells through a bullhorn::

::gives up::

~**Dawn**~ said...

::blinks::