CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Huh?

*Photo courtesy of sittingstill.net*

I'll admit it; I'm not a smart man. I have no clue about proper punctuation, couldn't tell you what the capital of India is, and it took me 2 years to complete 2 semesters worth of Spanish in college.

However, if you'd told me that Josh Beckett would give up 5 runs and 11 hits to the Orioles in less than 6 innings? I'd have told you that you were off your rocker.

Tonight in Baltimore though, that's exactly what happened. All of a sudden, my world tilted off it's axis; what's next? Barry Bonds gets a PR job with MLB? President Bush wins the Nobel Peace Prize? Hank Steinbrenner actually makes sense?

When it's all said and done, the Orioles win 5-4 with some cat named George Sherrill closing it out. Even though we lost, this is one of the reasons why I love the game of baseball so much. You can have a sure-fire Hall of Famer coming up against a journeyman pitcher, and the nobody wins the battle.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. Which is why I'm not tweaking too bad over a 3 game losing streak; this team could take off on a 10 game win streak tomorrow.

Tip your cap to the O's and get ready for the next game.

Josh? Get the grill ready.

It's less than 36 hours now, my man.

Elmerpalooza is imminent.

16 comments:

Tex said...

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

::packs josh's shotgun::

Ted D said...

Tex, you have a beautiful singing voice.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I know two things: 1. That closer's hat brim must have been ironed to get that flat. 2. I wouldn't want to be that ump if Papi should run into him in a dark alley.

Tex said...

::packs spurs and boots to kick @ss with::

Ted D said...

Dawn, Laz Diaz is one of the worst umps in the game; no distinct strike zone, quick hook, etc...

Ortiz showed remarkable restraint not tearing his head off.

Pack 'em up, Tex!

Tree Newt said...

They're just setting the stage for Elmerpalooza for ya, bro. Think how much more exciting the wins will be when they come.

Especially when you catch #500 and become Manny's new best friend.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Him & Angel Hernandez, both with that Willy Wonka K-zone. I get that umps have different translations of strike zones, and that's fine. Learn your umps K-zones (as a hitter or part of the battery) just like you would study the idiosyncrasies of each park you play in. But for crying out loud, that ump at least needs to be consistent with himself! Also, I think Papi's argument was more about the fact that he wasn't swinging but trying to get out of the way of the pitch. Whatever. Time to move on right?

Ted D said...

Newt, I like the way you think.

Dawn, agreed. The inconsistency drives me nuts. And Ortiz was just trying to get out of the way; what kills me is Diaz wouldn't consult with the 3B ump to see if MAYBE he was wrong.

I hate arrogance in umpires.

Beth said...

Ted - In case I miss you before you go - have a fantastic trip. You will love Fenway, and that crazy SG bunch. And don't get so stressed about the flight - it'll be over quick and think what's at the other end!

Krystle said...

I love Manny when he's being Manny. Seriously.

Great catch, high fives the fan AND gets the double play? IN ONE PLAY?!

Only Manny...only Manny.

Ted D said...

Beth, thanks for well wishes, friend. I'm looking as forward to this as I have anything in a long time.

Krystle, I heard it on the radio and couldn't believe it. Then to see him actually do it?

The man needs his own sitcom.

Krystle said...

He really does. I'd actually make effort to watch it. Then throwing his helmet to the ground and NOT getting thrown out. Oh Manny please.

Okay Ted, it's up to YOU to end this skit. Cheer like crazy for Gabe and please - send the vibe to Gagne to blow the game.

Oh wait.

Ted D said...

Will do, Krystle.

And I'll cheer like crazy for the Hebrew Hammer.

Tex said...

you better get to bed

Ted D said...

Do you honestly think I can sleep right now?

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to watch LOST on the Internet tonight.

HorshamScouse said...

Sleep well and safe travels, Ted, although I guess if you're reading this the sleeping part isn't working:).

You'll have an amazing time. Pics are compulsory.