CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Why I Need To Work From Home

Three weeks ago this coming Sunday, after threats of bodily harm by my wife, I headed to the local walk in clinic and was promptly diagnosed with bronchitis.

As I'm leaving, the very nice Doctor lady says "If you get to feeling bad again after your medicine runs out, just call and I'll call something in". After feeling no pain for roughly a week after the medicine was gone, I woke up Monday morning feeling like a road grader had ran over my while I slept. Stupid man that I am I tell myself "It'll go away if I don't think about it"; you can see where this is going, right?

At 10:30 this morning while I'm at work laying a layer of manure so deep you needed two sets of hip waders to just walk in it I call, leave a message and receive a call back in about 15 minutes that I had seen a WEEKEND doc and not a WEEKLY doc, and they would need to see me before they could help. I calmly tell this very pleasant young woman that I work all the way across town, IN RETAIL, and it's 2 days before Christmas AND on commission so she promises to ask again.

An hour later? Same exact message; you've got to come in. Look, I get the game; get 'em in, charge 'em the co-pay, make 'em wait JUST long enough that they are beginning to think about tearing up the office, then check them out, write a scrip, and send them home. Today, however, I wasn't having it; I called my ENT, begged his head nurse for some help, and currently have pill one of 20 inside my stomach and on the road to recovery.

I told you that story to tell you this one. While I'm alternating between hacking, chills, and legs that ached like I'd leg pressed 1,000 pounds my first born child, the daughter that I love more than life itself, is at home transforming Trot into the following:


It's not like he didn't have enough issues to deal with already.

And now this.

16 comments:

HorshamScouse said...

Just be thankful he's too big to be the fairy on top of the Christmas tree.

Sorry you're feeling bad again, Ted. Get better soon and have a great Christmas.

Tex said...

:speechless:
ahh err I well and

:speechless but rolling on the floor laughing:

Ted D said...

Thanks, John. Stupid stuff just won't go away. And Tex; I made you speechless? I gotta call the folks at "That's Incredible"! ;)

Tex said...

I've decided THIS is the picture you save on Trot when you get ready to publish this book....save it for blackmail. And make sure Rakes does NOT get a copy of it.

and someone really needs to take Trot aside and explain fashion

Stacy said...

Sorry you're feeling bad again. Hopefully the meds will kick in soon.

I personally think Trot's ensemble is adorable except for the boots. Maybe a cute sandal? :)

Ted D said...

Tex, it was his sister who dressed him so we'll blame her. ;)

And thanks, sis. I'm sure I'll be back to my naturally grumpy state soon.

jojo said...

I think he looks marvelous but I'm not sure about the shoe choice, perhaps something with a kitten heel instead?

Fell better, Ted. Merry, merry to you and yours!

Ted D said...

jojo, I have no idea what a kitten heel is but I'll trust your judgement. ;) Thanks for the e card you sent. The kids loved it. And Happy Holidays to you too my friend.

jojo said...

you know I meant to say *feel* better, don't you?

Ted D said...

Didn't even catch it until now! Thanks, jojo.

Nichole M said...

Ha! That reminds me of a great Simpsons episode where Bart and Milhouse are dressed in Marge's dresses/wigs, jumping on the bed, and singing "Sisters." Homer comes in and demands, "What is going on here? And I want the non-gay explanation!"

Ted D said...

Heh. Nichole, my sisters did it to me, Ciera has now done it to Rakes and Trot; hopefully it won't scar them for life. :)

Tree Newt said...

Catching up on my favorite big brother's hijinks after a week with the mouse, and this one slayed me! Please tell me you weren't at home when they did that to the boy!!!

In all fairness to Trott, I think you need to post the ones of what our Three Sistas did to us as kids. And hey, I turned out all right. :)

Ted D said...

Yep. You turned out fine, Newt. ;)

Tree Newt said...

Notice: I said I turned out ok. We won't mention what happened with you.

:)

Ted D said...

I'm perfectly normal, thank you.