CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 12, 2010

A Change is Coming

I gotta admit; the last 6 months haven't exactly been The Time of my Life.

Ciera started middle school ( My irrational hatred of all males from the age of 11 to 18 went off the chain during this time), Rakes headed off to terrorize the local Kindergarten classes, Trot decided he's not really down with all this potty training stuff, and Ang headed back into the work place for the first time in 5 years.

Throw in me working in retail during the biggest recession since FDR lived in the White House, the Red Sox getting blown out by the Angels in the ALDS, and the Redskins strutting their way to a 4-12 season with a payroll that equaled the GNP of Ecuador and I can say without hesitation that it's been a roller coaster ride.

However, today is March 12th. I've had a great 7 weeks at work, Trot has went 2 whole days without making me burn a pile of clothes in the backyard, Rakes has stayed on green at school for 3 straight weeks and Ciera still has no boyfriend that I know of.

Finally? The season starts in 3 weeks and all of a sudden my nights aren't filled with wondering if Kitchen Nightmares or Deadliest Catch is on or wondering if I can turn on Nick at Nite and quote this particular episode of "The Andy Griffith Show" from memory. Instead it's DO and Remy, Fenway Park and TC, and real, honest to goodness baseball for the next 6 months.

In addition to all that is my upcoming road trip with Jr and JB to Atlanta, Tampa, Miami, and God knows where else in June. And just like that the winter of my discontent has turned into the Baseball America Tour of 2010.

And everybody said?

Amen.

2 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

There was a Sox Spring Training game (tape delayed) on MLBN last night. I was happy. (Til I fell asleep. Stupid 9pm start time.) Too bad your road trip isn't in July. I'll be at the Trop for all three games of that Sox series. Oh well, either way, you will *finally* understand why I feel the way I do about the Juice Box. Most horrific place I have ever watched ball.

Ted D said...

Dawn, I'm looking forward to actually seeing the thing. And June was the better date for all three of us but I wish we could catch a Sox game in there as well.