CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 8, 2010

You give 'em 25 and they're gonna take 30.

Great.

In addition to random acts of urination, the inability to talk in a decibel level less than Mach 5 and that always popular "no fear" gene that makes every visit to the pool in the summer a walk on the wild side I'm now worried Trot is Ray from " Rainman".

I'd noticed little things before, like lining all his Star Wars men up in a row or saying my name over and over and over again but I just figured he was deliberately trying to make me insane. Besides, as someone who is himself OCD I thought I could spot it a mile away.

And I could be making a mountain out of a mole hill; God knows I've done it before. But today, when we went to eat lunch with Rakes at school, Trot did the weirdest thing.

Rakes' school, like most elementary schools, has a tile floor. And the tile at his school is white and brown; Trot would NOT step on the white tile and did his best impression of a 3 foot tall bullfrog all the way to the cafeteria, only stepping on the brown tiles.

When I asked him why I got the perfectly rational explanation that "I'm not detting in dat Billy Doat's bridge and can I det ice cream?" The rational part of my brain is telling me that any kid who would poop his pants when the bathroom is 4 feet away and wait an hour to tell you about it is in no way afflicted with OCD.

The OCD part of me is saying maybe he doesn't mind it all that much.

All I know is that from the months of April through October I don't think about this crap and if I can make it the next 3 weeks I'm home free.

This is now a race between Opening Day and my sanity losing it's last grip on reality that will determine if I get institutionalized in the next 21 days.

My money's on Trot but with every fiber of my being I hope I'm wrong.

3 comments:

HorshamScouse said...

The Rainman reference rang bells, Ted. Without getting too heavy, after the poop-smearing incident I found some Google hits about autism. Might be worth investigating.

(I'll understand if you choose not to publish this)

Tex said...

I'm telling you. Rakes and Trot have a bet going to see who makes your hair fall out first

Ted D said...

Scouser, thanks for the advice and I'll look into, although I'm pretty sure he's just deranged. ;) And Tex somebody is going to win that bet. And soon.