CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 15, 2010

Perspective

*Image courtesy of The Boston Herald*

24 hours ago I'd never heard of a cavernous malformation of the brain.

Today? I know more than I'd ever want to. A 19 year old kid named Ryan Westmoreland who just so happens to be a prospect of the Red Sox has it; and it isn't good.

So tonight I'll say a prayer for Ryan and his family and hope that one day the worse thing I can remember happening to Rakes, Ciera, or Trot is they didn't quite make the bathroom on time.

'Cause I'm pretty sure I'd lose whatever is left of my sanity if anything like that ever happened to one of my children. The kid does have a lucky rabbit's foot in his pocket though; if you're gonna get that kind of news, having Mike Lowell and Jon Lester on your team can't hurt. And if everything I've read about those two is even remotely close to the truth?

He's got his support people already on the scene.

Good luck, kid.

And God Bless.

4 comments:

HorshamScouse said...

Just saw an update on boston.com: the surgery was successful.

Ted D said...

Read that this morning, Horsham. Good news all around and here's to a speedy recovery.

Stacy said...

Never heard of it either, but it sounds encouraging that his surgery went well.

Nobody that young should have to go through something like that.

Just makes me sad.

Ted D said...

Tough break for sure, sis. But it sounds like it went about as well as you could hope.