CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 14, 2010

It was right there the whole time.

Leave it to Grandma to finally figure it out.

After trying everything from threatening bodily harm to sleeping in the laundry basket (he actually LIKED that idea) to contemplating signing him up for some governmental study for "Kids who Won't Poop in the Toilet", Ang and I had flat run out of ideas.

Not to mention patience, loss of hair, and as of tonight? Roughly 4 years off my life span.

Thanks to my Mom, we've gone 2 whole days without what I like to refer to as "Defcon 10". Yes Virginia, there really is a Santa Claus and even more amazing? Trot hasn't gone in his pants.

And all it took was my Mom telling him that if he did it again he couldn't have any cookies.

Who knew?

Opening Day is coming, Opening Day is coming, Opening Day is coming.

8 comments:

Tex said...

Season is approaching...I cant wait to see Fenway, albeit on television.

Ted D said...

Right there with you, Tex. I can't wait.

Rich in the Garage said...

You don't mess with a mans cookies.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Gotta get 'em where it hurts. Every man has his line in the sand. ;-)

Ted D said...

Rich, I should have just came to you first. And Dawn, I just never knew his line was so easy to find. ;)

Rich in the Garage said...

You know ted, when I was younger we were playing baseball in my back yard and I smashed the ever loving crap out of a ball. I lost sight of it the second it left the bat.

After I spent the better part of an afternoon looking for it i found it. I had fouled it off and it actually went into the bush behind me.

Moral of the story, the kid set the bar pretty high, no one will blame you for not checking the bush.

...and as if this word thing can read what we're talking about, Fecoil is my word veri today.

Stacy said...

Just remember...Mom is always right. She learned a few things raising 5 kids. Especially you and Matt. :)

Ted D said...

Jr, as much as it scares me to acknowledge it? You can be pretty profound sometimes. ;)

And I know, Sis. Believe me, I know.