CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 11, 2010

11/11/2010: Ten Things I Realized Today

1. Never. And I mean NEVER schedule just two people to work in a retail store on a Holiday. I ate standing up, sat down exactly one time, and feel like I've been put through a suicide drill at football practice.

2. Based on number 1, my boss and I need a personal assistant strictly for the purpose to remind us to never do this again.

3. Joe Theisman should have stayed away from broadcasting football games. He still doesn't know when to Just. Shut. Up.

4. Reading about the Red Sox going after John Buck as a free agent drove home the point that Theo Epstein is someone I'll never figure out.

5. I'm old enough to remember Deion Sanders as a member of the Florida State Seminoles and tonight he got inducted into the Atlanta Falcon Ring of Honor. Which makes me an official Geezer. (Bite me, Jr.)

6. I've been blessed more than I could ever deserve; came home tonight to a beautiful wife, 3 healthy children, and a home. Which makes me richer than I could have ever dreamed.

7. Trot without a nap makes Mr. Wilson look like the Patron Saint of Patient People.

8. Ciera is growing up WAY too fast. I'll be looking into NC state laws on locking your daughter up in her room for an extended period of years tomorrow.

9. It's freaking November. Where in the great wide world of sports did the rest of 2010 go?

10. Rakes LOVES his new favorite word; Nuts. He's working it into every single sentence he tells me, followed by 3 minutes worth of giggling, followed by 3 more minutes of me trying to tell him not to say it with a straight face.

Bonus: 11. I love being a Dad.

No comments: