CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hump Day Rambling

A. Ron Gardenhire won the A.L. Manager of the Year. And I'm fine with that. Every year me, you, the media, and the mailman count the Twins out and every year they somehow end up in the playoffs. What I'm NOT fine with? Tito placing 4th. I'm not going to re-visit the biblical like plague of injuries he had to work around plus the fact that for the majority of the year it was the baseball version of Gladys Knight and the Pips with Papi playing the role of Gladys and the Pawtucket Red Sox filling in for the Pips. 2 World Series wins in 7 years, the playoffs 5 out of 7 and consistently winning while not killing any member of the local media ought to count for something.

B. I still can't figure out why the Redskins gave Donovan McNabb a $78 million dollar deal that is in reality a $3.75 million dollar buy out after this year when HE WAS ALREADY UNDER CONTRACT FOR THIS YEAR. Dan Snyder somehow being a gazillionaire is just under "How do you explain gravity" for question of the decade.

C. The Oakland A's have reportedly offered Adrian Beltre $64 million dollars over 5 years while the Red Sox have set a firm limit of $52 million over 4 years. Meanwhile I'm wondering if I'll sell enough furniture this month to cover the DirecTV bill and the heating bill and will most likely attempt to take a roto rooter to Beltre's marbles if I hear him utter "I've gotta think about what's best for my family" anytime in the next 3 months. Take the $52 million and the adoration of Red Sox Nation and just sign already.

D.
Trot's Indian name for his Thanksgiving program at pre-school was Crazy Horse.

Of course it was.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

That is one cute little Indian.

Crazy Horse. he, he

Ted D said...

That is one crazy little Indian.

Fixed. ;)

Anonymous said...

You know you need to get the roto-rooter ready, and that name is a perfect fit.