CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Just a small town boy.



Caught a special on Montgomery Gentry on Channel 101 on DirecTV tonight, and much to Angie's chagrin I watched the whole thing. I'd forgotten how much I liked 'em due to the fact I spend my time in the car either listening to the Classic rock morning show on the way to work and Sports Talk on the way home.

The video I linked is one of my favorite songs, and reminds me that as much as I love the city of Boston and images of big cities lit up at night I'm extremely grateful I get to raise my kids in a small town where they roll up the sidewalks at night. A place where the police drive through the neighborhood 4 or 5 times a night (granted, it's because they have NOTHING to do but that in itself is a good thing), a place where my kids can play for the same coach in soccer every year, and a place where people actually smile and say hello and for the most part really mean it.

My Town.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm right with you...life in Mayberry is sweet. :)

Sam Jackson's Lovechild said...

"and a place where people actually smile and say hello and for the most part really mean it"

unless you are a northerner down there

Ted D said...

Nah. We've converted most of the Northerners. In fact, if Rich moved down here? He'd be tipping his cap and asking "How ya'll doing?" in a week.