CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Be Afraid. Be VERY Afraid.

While I was hard at work trying to convince someone with no disposable income they just HAD to have that new sofa Brad Penny and the Red Sox lost 6-2 to the Blue Jays.

And while this makes me moderately unhappy the fact it was Game 2 of a 3 game series, which is now tied 1-1 and Jon Lester is pitching tomorrow helped me realize it's just one game in a season that has 162 games before you even GET to the one's that count.

Unlike some people I realize that a great hitter connects 3 out of every 10 a/b's and if a team wins 2 out of 3 games every series it's pretty flipping good.

However, those that don't usually have had some severe head trauma or can't spell Cat if you give them the C and the T so I don't take it to heart so much.

And from the look Beckett is giving in this picture, I imagine the entire Yankee lineup is wondering who is getting a 98 mph fastball to the ribcage in a future game.

The thought of this happening has me absolutely giddy.

Even with the fact Trot jumped on Rakes head at the pool tonight figured in.

It's amazing what I can overlook when the Red Sox are concerned.

6 comments:

Tex said...

I do like this picture of Beckett.
less than 48 hours before i lay eyes on the boys.
You want to talk to me about giddy???

Ted D said...

I'm happy for you, Tex. Fly your flag with pride and try not to get arrested.

Tex said...

Typically, the flag with Sox sigs on it doesn't get flown....since ya know I AM IN Texas :)
the significance of the flag at the game loses its affect since thats the Rangers symbol. Ive thought if I could find a smaller Sox flag and sew it inside the Texas flag and fly it there...but THEN Im afraid I WOULD get arrested ;)

Ted D said...

Isn't that like against the Texas State Constitution or something?

Tex said...

i posted the texas state flag code on sg. i think im in big trouble

Ted D said...

Caught that, Tex. And yeah; you may be in some hot water.