CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Vacation from my Vacation


After half a week of vacation at the beach with the family, I'm not sure which fork to take.

On the one hand I've been in a 2 bedroom condo with 6 adults and my three hellions, er children where you couldn't turn around without bumping into someone. Throw in staying on the 11th floor, sharing the pool/beach with roughly the population of Paraguay, and a jacuzzi that gave Trot either another ear infection or the swine flu you could say I'm a tad stressed.

On the other hand, I spent the last 3 nights in a bedroom roughly the size of the visitors clubhouse at Fenway that had 2 full size beds; one was reserved for my brother and sister in law, the other for me, Ang and Ciera with Rakes on an air mattress between us. As you'd naturally assume, he ended up, around 1 am each night, wedging his way between us while I assumed the "protect your marbles at all costs" position and told sleep to screw it. I'll get around to it when I'm dead.

The result of all this mayhem is I averaged 3.2 hours of sleep per night while I've been gone; while I've never been much to get alot of rest away from home this may have broken my own personal record.

So while I miss my family something awful, it's nice to be home and knowing I'll be crashing in my own bed tonight.

Not having to wear a cup as I head to sleep?

Just a bonus.

5 comments:

Tex said...

on a batter note...love Teks spic

HorshamScouse said...

You get to top and tail your mini vacation with some Ted time: priceless. :)

Ted D said...

Tex, I found the Tek picture looking at Kelly's June stuff; it's great' right?

John, you'd think I planned it this way. ;)

Matty said...

Ah, but it wouldn't be a vacation if you were actually getting some sleep, now would it?

Nighty night Ted.

Ted D said...

Exactly, Mattie. Exactly.