CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 28, 2009

Is it too late to answer all my questions?

I have no idea why every game the past 2 weeks Josh Beckett has pitched has turned into BP. After making the opposing hitters look silly all year, the last 3 starts have resembled me playing Rakes on the PS2 in MLB 2004.

Maybe he's hurt. Or maybe he's just tired. Or maybe, just maybe, he's got some under the table deal in the works with the makers of MLB 2010 and has to show them every possible outcome of each pitch. For what it's worth? THAT is the scenario I'm working on.

A 5-5 tie in the eighth inning and the game is in a rain delay. Meanwhile I'm biting my fingernails down to the quick and wondering why John Henry and his cohorts haven't converted Fenway to a dome roof with an option to open when needed.

I'm tired, grumpy, and slightly on edge due to Ciera starting middle school, Rakes starting kindergarten, and still a little upset at the V Mart replaces Tek as the starting catcher era.

In the case of all three, however?

I'll get over it.

I gotta work tomorrow and sleep beckons, but I'm sticking with NESN in the hopes the fripping game will re-start soon.

Professional help is just a phone call away.

5 comments:

Tex said...

its KILLING ME TOO!!!

Ted D said...

All is well that ends well.

And 7.5 years just got taken off my life span.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Boys toughed it out (thanks to an awesome play by Tek, NO thanks to The Papelbum again giving me heart failure)! I'm kinda liking the theory over on Surviving Grady this morning, myself. Set 'em up to make 'em weep.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Oh & I can live with a SLOW changing of the guard at catcher. But only because it's really really hard not to like Victor.

Ted D said...

Dawn, that may have been the best defensive play by a catcher I've seen this year. And you're right; it's hard not to like VMart.