CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

2 down, 160 more to go.

*Image courtesy of WEEI.com*

While watching tonight's 6-4 loss to the Yankees tonight I had an epiphany about the following items.

1. One day Mariano Rivera's right arm is going to fly off his body and land between 2nd base and RF. It HAS to. Only it didn't happen tonight.

2. Really good pitching doesn't happen in week one. See Beckett/Sabbathia and Lester/Burnett.

3. The Red Sox and the Yankees are going to have 16 more grind it out, give Ted an ulcer, and cause me to lose 16.7 hours of sleep over the course of this season games this year. I should be used to it by now but I guess I'm not.

4. Victor Martinez will win the AL MVP this year. And if Theo doesn't come up with a contract extension and Dusty Brown (God love him) is the Opening Day catcher next year I'll spend the month of April 2011 hitting myself in the marbles with one of Rakes lightsabers.

5.. Never, and I mean NEVER douse your soup at lunch with Habanero sauce.

Trust me on this one.

Are we really only 2 games into the season?

2 comments:

Christina Berry said...

Well. I didn't see a single at bat in this one. It wasn't on TV here, so I watched the score on Sportacular on my iPhone. Disappointed with the outcome, but hopeful for tonight. :)

Ted D said...

Chrissy, somebody once sang 2 outa 3 ain't bad. I'll take it. ;)