CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 2, 2010

2 More Days.

48 hours.

That's all that separates me from honest to God, real live baseball on my television again.

To say it's been a long winter really doesn't do it justice. I had to suffer with the knowledge the Yankees won their 27th World Championship in October, deal with the worst holiday sales season since FDR and constantly battle Trot in the Quest for Proper Urination.

We had major snowstorms on three straight weekends after going roughly 3 YEARS without any snow, Rakes stayed on yellow at school for the first two months and Ange went back to teaching at apparently the same school as the one Michelle Phieffer taught Coolio in in whatever the name of that movie was back in the day.

Come Sunday? It's all just dust in the wind; for three hours or more I get to watch the Commander face off against CC at Fenway Park. Yes, it'll be on ESPN which means Joe Morgan will be involved but it's Opening Day so he'll me a minor annoyance instead of his mid-August version that is commonly referred to around here as the 9th sign of the Apocalypse.

It's the first day in the 7 month marathon known as Baseball season. I'll laugh, I'll cry, I'll curse and I'll laugh some more.

All by the 4th inning.

Sweet holy Moses have I missed this game.

My only regret is my friend Andy won't be around to see it unfold, but knowing him he'll figure out at way.

Play Ball.

4 comments:

Tex said...

Have your phone nearby so I can text you as I'll be at our first Red Sox meet up.

Andy will be watching from somewhere I'm sure

Ted D said...

I'll have it with me, Tex. So no worries.

HorshamScouse said...

I've contrived to be able to watch the game live by adding a day to our weekend away. Play ball!

Ted D said...

Well played, Scouser!