CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ernie Banks had it right all along.

There is nothing worse than an empty Fenway Park. Other than a Red Sox off day, which today happened to be. Waking up in the morning with a 9 hour work day ahead of you knowing that DO and Remy WON'T be on your tv when you get home is sort of like waking up on Christmas as a kid and finding nothing under the tree.

So instead of watching the boys of summer I spent the evening watching "Survivor" with Rakes and Ciera, kept Trot from setting anything on fire, and continued working on my collection of Yankee voodoo dolls for later in the season. I finished Slappy tonight, adding a pink Barbie purse and a clueless cousin as a bonus.

Tomorrow night in Kansas City and nothing less than Rakes sending Trot to the ER after re-enacting Shawn Michaels and The Undertakers Coffin Match circa 1997 is gonna keep me from parking my skinny rear in front of the tv for 3 1/2 hours tomorrow night.

It's a miracle I make it through the off season without full time therapy.

3 comments:

Rich in the Garage said...

I could charge you for our sessions, though more often then not I think you should be charging me .

Matty said...

I know how it feels my friend. You wait all winter, and then a day off and you feel lost.

Ted D said...

Jr, I should get hazard pay for our conversations. Many nights I've woken up in a cold sweat yelling "NO RICH!"

Matty, it sucks. But today? BASEBALL!