CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 27, 2010

6 more days until it's Winter.

I admit it. I'm a sucker for the long shot, feel good story.

From the Sox coming back in '04 to the Saints winning the Super Bowl to Trot's quest to finally pee only in the toilet yet come up short every time, I've got a soft spot for the perennial also rans and never was.

Which is why, unless a miracle on the lines of Moses parting the Red Sea or FOX suddenly realizes Ryan Seachrest is the Anti-Christ and the Sox somehow make the playoffs I'll be rooting for the Texas Rangers this fall.

If for no other reason than Ron Washington. If you haven't read about what this cat has been through over the past couple of seasons, you need to give THIS a read.

Yes, I find it somewhat dubious that a middle aged man all of a sudden decides to do cocaine. That is the equivalent of Rakes and Trot deciding to stop hitting each other in the marbles and take up knitting instead.

But like I said, I'm big on second chances. And not only do they have Washington they've got Josh Hamilton and Vladdy and Nolan Ryan and Michael Young and if nothing else?

I want them to send Slappy into the off season with his $300 million dollar contract and go on to win it all without him while he tries to convince himself that HE wasn't the problem there all along.

What can I say?

The thought of the Sox playing Golf in October makes me vindictive.

Sue me.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Sounds good to me. Anybody but the Yankees.

Ted D said...

ABTY.