CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It's Hard to Say Goodbye

I came to the decision today that I had to bid farewell to an old and dear friend.

This wasn't a decision I came to lightly; it was made after many hours of agonizing, meditating and prayer and it wasn't easy.

My friend and I had been through a lot. Trials, tribulations, road trips to Boston (twice), long nights together agonizing over another Red Sox loss or rejoicing over some late inning comeback win that sent us both to bed deliriously happy. It rode right along with the Three Amigos on our Road Trip adventure and it helped me read books to the boys and put the kids to bed at night.

In fact, when I'd talk about my friend I used the same quote the Bandit used in that all-time classic that if there were any justice would have won the Academy Award in 1977:

"I take my hat off for one thing, one thing only."

I gotta get a new hat. It's got stains on it's stains, FEMA would render it uninhabitable, and I'm pretty sure I saw it move on it's own the other day.

So long, old friend.

I'll never forget you.

14 comments:

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Ted, I feel like you should have ended that post with...
"A moment of silence, please."

Ted D said...

That's actually not bad, Sonj. I thought about playing "Taps" too, but I was too lazy to try and find it. ;)

Tex said...

Silence? in the Dalton HOUSE??

Seriously??? Sonya, have you met the boys?

Oh Ted...I think you should wear it till the wheels come off

Ted D said...

Tex, Sonya is Scotties wife and my big sis. She's well known by the heathens. ;)

And the wheels came off weeks ago. I'm starting to get scared to wear it.

Tex said...

Oh Yah...now I recall. Just with her screen name it threw me.
I saw one dude wearing a hat at a game that basically was torn up bad...I think the bill was even tore :)

Rich in the Garage said...

Thats like getting rid of one of your children dude.

Ted D said...

Plus? It smells. I think the roadie in the GTI was the last straw.

Matty said...

LOL, I know the feeling. It's hard to part with something that knows you so intimately.

Ted D said...

Plus, I hate breaking in a new hat. It doesn't know where it's supposed to sit or anything.

Stacy said...

That hat is downright scary. Glad you came to this decision on your own before Ang had to stage an intervention. :)

Ted D said...

That's not even the worst one I own!

fla beck said...

Just run it through the dishwasher,Ted and it will be fine!

HorshamScouse said...

Just don't throw it out, Ted. Even if you keep it in the back of a closet, hang on to it. OK, vacuum seal it before CDC come calling but keep it.

Ted D said...

Becky, Jr told me the same thing so maybe I'll try it. I gotta get a new one first, though. And Scouser, I haven't thrown one out yet; they just go in the closet but the vacuum seal idea is a winner.