CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 20, 2010

Pals.

There are a few constants in my life. Throw out Death, Taxes, and the sun coming out tomorrow since they apply to all of us.

My top five are as following:

1. Trot will do SOMETHING over the course of a given day to give my ulcer and ulcer and cause me to ask him "What is WRONG with you?"

2. Ciera will make me laugh. Not smile or smirk or giggle, but full on laugh out loud, usually during her monologue about what happened at school that day when she calls me at 4 p.m.

3. Rakes will ask "Dad, can I tell you something?" This usually involves a question about wrestling or Sponge Bob, but occasionally can include the serious "Why doesn't the Bible mention Dinosaurs?" I usually respond with either "I don't know" or "Ask your Mom".

4. I'll spend at least 5 minutes trying to figure out how the Red Sox can acquire a big bat without giving up anyone more significant than the bat boy. Still working on that one.

5. I'll talk to my buddy Jr every day and my buddy JB at least twice a week.

Funny thing is, I "met" both these guys online at www.survivinggrady.com. And as a parent of a pre-teen I'm very much opposed to "meeting" strangers online. In fact, in her case I'm downright militant about it, going so far as "adopting" a kid from church who most closely resembles a bus as an honorary Dalton to crack some heads if the need should arise.

But when it comes to the other two Amigos?

Let's just say I'm guessing there aren't too many 40 year old's who meet their two best friends online and consider them a brother walking around out there. Especially when one of them is 25 years old and you want to kill him every so often and the other is an 87 year old stubborn mule trapped in a 37 year old's body and they both make you laugh until you have tears running down your face every time you talk to them.

Throw in driving basically across country in a Volkswagon GTI for 5 days and if we didn't kill each other after that?

Fellas? I'm extremely grateful to call you both "Pals" in the strictest "Young Guns" sense of the word.

Here's to next years Road Trip.

May it NOT involve The Trop. Or a micro storm on the highway.

But Arby's is good with me.

No comments: