CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Is he? Or isn't he?

According to the Boston Globe, the Red Sox have a firm 3 year offer on the table for Mike Lowell.

The closest thing to rivaling this in my eyes is the fact it seems like Scott Boras and Slappy may have backed themselves into a corner: I heard Buster Olney on the MLB channel today saying the interest in Arod at the GM meetings has been lukewarm at best.

Seems like all the GM's and agents are getting a kick out of Boras having to eat some humble pie. However, knowing him, that money grubbing dirtbag has a $400 million dollar deal from the Marlins or the Dodgers in his back pocket already and is just looking to drive up the price even more. Did anyone see Texas in the picture back in 2000 when he got the $250 million dollar deal?

Still, the thought of the two of them freaking out about having to go back to the Yankees with their tail between their legs is giving me a great deal of perverse pleasure. What would be more poetic than those two morons having to settle for LESS than the MFY were willing to offer in the extension they made? There's a saying about Karma....

Theo: Do It.

Lastly, to anyone who I've talked to, received an email from, or read a comment on a blog somewhere about my Mom, I can't thank you enough. She came through her surgery with flying colors today, with no apparent evidence of the cancer spreading to her lymph nodes or anywhere else. We'll know more the first of next week, but I gotta thank each and everyone of you. Your prayers, thoughts, PV's, and in the case of Tex, Rally Hoots were GREATLY appreciated by myself and my family.

I'm proud to "know" everyone of you.

6 comments:

Tex said...

Rally Hoots are essential to life, love and the pursuit of the cure for breast cancer.

Glad to hear it all turned out well.

Ted D said...

Thanks Tex: And I never thought of it that way! Seriously, your blog from yesterday meant a lot. Thanks for the friendship and the PV's.

And Rally Hoots. ;)

Redbeard76 said...

I've got this vision in my head now, and it's not rated PG, so forgive me if you're sensitive to these kinds of things, but Rally Hoots for Breast Cancer. I'm envisioning a march of women down the main street of your town (anyone's town really), a hundred or more women topless marching for Breast Cancer. Say it loud and say it proud! What do we want? Freedom! When do we want it? NOW!

~**Dawn**~ said...

I'm so glad that things look very promising for your mom. That is wonderful news & I will say an extra prayer that the results you get next week will only reinforce that.

Now, enough lollygagging from the front office. I want a Lowell contract. ASAP. Or I am going to start mailing them the therapy bill I will require to survive this painfully long wait for something that should have been signed, sealed & delivered back in July.

Tex said...

ok Stephen that was NOT what I meant. But Komen has walks for Breast Cancer each year...many women participate....and they have hoots...covered...but nonetheless they are hoots rallying for The Cure for Breast Cancer.

Ted D said...

Stephen, yeah I think that wasn't QUITE what Tex had in mind! Not a bad idea, but I don't know if you'll be able to sell it or not. :)

Dawn, thank you for your nice thoughts: very sweet of you. And I agree: this should have been done a long time ago. I'm getting a little more concerned he's going to test the market.

Hiya, Tex!