CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Seems like yesterday

Hard to believe it's already been a week since the Red Sox won their second championship in the past 4 years: in case you're counting that's 2 in the 21st century.


Conversely, the Yankees have spent over $1 BILLION dollars in the past 7 seasons and have a grand total of 0 titles to show for it. Just goes to show that you can spend all the money you want, but unless you know what you're doing with it, you might as well invest the money in a Yak farm.


Same result: no championship.


Heading into the Hot Stove time of year, and the biggest issues for the Sox are Lowell, Schilling, Timlin, and can they find someone to take Coco Crisp off our hands: young Master Jacoby looks to be manning CF for the next 10 years or so.


We all turned our clocks back an hour last night, and when I noticed it was almost dark around 5:30 this afternoon, it hit me: baseball is REALLY over until next spring. No more games, no DO and Remy, no more Riverdancing. Just surfing the internets trying to find some bits of news about the team, obsessing over who will fill the backup catcher position, and wondering what exactly Manny whispered in Steve Carell's ear right before sitting down Friday night.


The mind boggles.

Finally:

SIGN MIKE LOWELL.

Just because it needed to be said.

18 comments:

courtney said...

whatever will you find to write about now?! haha. i prefer paragraph form. it builds character.

Ted D said...

Court, don't you worry: if your Uncle Ted is known for anything, it's pulling something out of his tail at the last minute.

After all, I am the guy who passed Sr english by using the words to a 38 special song as his unique poem back in the day.

If I'm anything, it's resourceful.

Stacy said...

Hi Courtney! :)

Ted, with your 2 boys and all our various family members, you should have enough material to blog about until Spring Training starts. :)

PS - SIGN MIKE LOWELL

Tex said...

just passing by this morning to say




SIGN MIKE LOWELL

Ted D said...

Hear, hear Stacy and Tex:

SIGN MIKE LOWELL.

Anonymous said...

I'm getting the impression you would like them to sign Mike Lowell for some reason. Where ever did I get that idea?

Redbeard76 said...

Manny said to Steve Carell:

I loved 40 Year Old Virgin.

Or at least that's what I think he said.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Speaking of SIGN MIKE LOWELL:

I hear Theo & his band of merry men are in meetings in Orlando. I am wondering if this is taking place at the same hotel it was at last time... because I happen to know which one it was. Perhaps a little picketing is in order?? >=]

Signed,
President of the SIGN MIKE LOWELL Committee

Ted D said...

Stephen, that sounds about right. That or "can I have your shoes? I really like them."

Denise, don't know where you got that idea. ;)

Dawn, you have GOT to represent RSN and get over there stat!! Of course, when the Captain is holding up a sign Lowell card during the parade, it's pretty obvious where we all stand on the Lowell issue.

Tree Newt said...

Hey, I know what you can write about: start following your HOME STATE STANLEY CUP CHAMPION CAROLINA HURRICANES. There's a thought. It would keep you occupied through the long, cold winter. Plus, your total ignorace of the game would afford us tons of witty sarcastic material, I'm sure. It's a win-win situation.

Ted D said...

Is that a hockey team or something?

Sorry man, I only have enough time for one obsession: two would do me in.

Tell E I said congratulations on the new baby.

Tree Newt said...

Ok.

You dink.

Ted D said...

Hey. Quit stealing my lines.

Wonder where old man river is? He closed the tree stand today: figured he'd be on here with both barrells blasting away.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Ok Jr. Tomorrow only take one order of artery clogger and get the Eagles new cd. Free your mind and rock right on down the highway.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Old man river?" Take a look at your life you are a lot like me."

Ted D said...

Bub, can't you just burn me a copy? C'mon, help your little brother in law out. And I've put up a new post. Or train wreck, whichever you prefer.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

I believe Matt put the D in dink.

Ted D said...

Is that Man in the Moon, or have I inadvertently referenced some other song?