CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 18, 2007

It's a Small World, After All

I spent Sunday putting kids down for naps, watching Hells Kitchen on YouTube, and seeing my Redskins come up JUST short against the Yankees of the NFL, the Dallas Cowboys.

Seems like that 4 year offer from the Yankees for Lowell to play first was a load of horse manure: George's offspring seem content to give 36 year old catchers $52 million, 38 year old closers $45 million, and girlish third basemen $300 million. If you are counting at home, that's over $400 million for 3 players, the youngest being 32 years old.

This is just like 1982 all over again: If the Bronx isn't burning, it will be soon.

I think I'm going to LOVE Steinbrenner, Part Deux.

I was glad to see Mike Lowell at the head of the Disney parade: whether he comes back to Boston or not, he deserved it. By the way, I say he is playing third at Fenway come opening day next season.

That's all I've got tonight: remarkably, Rakes and Trot didn't attempt to burn the house down today, and Ciera spent the day with her friend Taylor. All things considered, it was a quiet day at Casa 'de Ted.

And for that I'm thankful.

'Cause I fully expect Mel Gibsonish Thunderdome tomorrow.

As it should be.

19 comments:

Tex said...

blah blah blahblah blahblahblah blah blah

Do you talk about anything else besides Lowell? ;)

Ted D said...

I thought you were going to bed? ;)

And no: I don't. At least I don't until he signs.

Maybe tomorrow I'll do a post in honor of Beckett, just for my good friend Tex. Because I'm dismayed at the lack of coverage he gets at your blog. :)

Tex said...

well all i said was I NEEDED to get some sleep. I didnt say I was going. :)

and I dont always write about beckett. ill prove it

Ted D said...

I'll be checking in to make sure. ;)

Tex said...

you dont take hints good do you?

Ted D said...

Sorry Tex: went to bed early.

Good luck on the Opening today: hope it goes well.

Redbeard76 said...

//I think I'm going to LOVE Steinbrenner, Part Deux.//

That makes at least 2 of us, Ted.

LOL Yanktards.

Is Rakes short for something? What an interesting name.

Two man enter, one man leave.

Ted D said...

Stephen, Rakes is my Moms maiden name. My daughters middle name is in honor of my father in law, so we did something from my side for the first son.

These blowhards going and blowing the next 20 years is going to be great.

HorshamScouse said...

It seems Mikey has signed: faith rewarded.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Happy happy happy!

This year, I'm thankful for... ;-)

Ted D said...

Horsham and Dawn: just got home and had heard bits and pieces on the XM today.

Read the Globe: HAPPY DAY!

Great to have Mikey back.

Stacy said...

Mikey signed.
Life is good.

Ted D said...

::Riverdances with Rakes. Boy's got moves::

Tex said...

Mikey signed.
life will be good when the Other Mike signs

Ted D said...

Amen, sister. Gotta bring the captain of that merry band of idiot pirates back for one last hurrah.

Tree Newt said...

Tex, no other talk but Mikey today, I guarantee it.

I told you he'd be back.

Ted D said...

Told us when? Were you eating 'shrooms at the time?

Man, I'm stoked about this development. Lowell and that bitchin' beard back for 3 more years.

JMP said...

Hey Ted, well its not 100% official that he signed but what the heck...I'm doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!!!

of course....slappy getting the mvp just sucks...no????

But we got Mikey!!!! and slappy, well he only has the MFY and they dont even like him!!!

so...WE WIN!!!!

Ted D said...

jmp,

PLUS: Lowell is signed for 3 years. Slappy will be 42 when his deal runs out: think they'll be happy paying a 40+ year old man $30 million?

Dinks.