CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Somtimes, Crabby is Good.

It's 7-2, bottom of the 8th inning with the Red Sox on top as I type.

Playing in that monstrosity known as The Trop, which has been a house of horrors for the Sox lately hasn't seemed to bother the fellas, and Crabby went 6 innings and gave up only the 2 runs. This, my friends, is huge; considering the Red Sox had resembled that team that got waxed every time out by the Harlem Globetrotters every time they went to Tampa, the fact they put on their big boy pants and came out swinging was a sight for sore eyes.

Sure, Oki has allowed the first two batters he's faced to reach base; why not?

Billy Wagner looked like Goose Gossage in the 7th, albeit with more facial hair and a demented look in his eye last seen in "Deliverance", but still; dude was lights out.

Barring some unforeseen and ted turns to heroin inducing comeback, the Sox roll into tomorrow one more game ahead in the Wild Card race. And while I'm not conceding the AL East just yet, I've got one eye on the Wild Card just in case.

On the home front, after one full week at school, Rakes had to move his card to yellow. For those of you without kids, his kindergarten class operates on the stop light method. Green = Good, Yellow = not so good, and Red = we're calling your parents and you are SO grounded.

Today? He got a yellow for talking in the hall.

Frankly, I'm amazed he wasn't sitting on Red after 30 minutes on the first day.

Sometimes they really do surprise you.

3 comments:

HorshamScouse said...

I think Crabby's within an ace of being the ace!

Rakes'll be fine, he's just testing the boundaries.

Stacy said...

I'm proud of Rakes; a yellow here and there is ok. And I think the fact that he hasn't been on red has surprised more than a few of us. He's a good boy. :)

Ted D said...

You two are more than likely spot on.

But I've got my doubts. ;)