CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Big Hurt punches his HOF ticket, and other off day rambling's

*Picture from SI.com*

Congratulations to Frank Thomas, who not only reserved a spot in Cooperstown today by hitting career HR #500, he got himself ejected in the same game. Don't think I've ever seen that happen: guy gets to a historic mark in his career and get tossed all in one day.

Big day at Ted's house today: for the first time in about 6 months, there is nothing blocking the bottom of my stairs. No ottoman, hope chest, or soccer net to have to wiggle around to get up or down the stairs. The only negative? Having your nerves jangled every time you look up and Trot is doing an impression of a bobble head on the TOP step. Only 2 bruises and one bloody nose so far.

Upon hearing that the Angels had DFA'd our old friend Shea Hillenbrand today, I immediately wondered when the Yankees would sign him. Yeah, THAT move will save their season: signing a clubhouse cancer who thinks he's better than he really is and who has napalmed every bridge he's crossed over in his Major League career. Stay classy New York.

Taking the week off next week for vacation: just not going anywhere overnight. So far, it's the zoo on Monday, local minor league team's game on Tuesday, fireworks on the 4th, drive in movie on Thursday, and Science center and Chuckie Cheese on Friday, with multiple trips to the pool mixed in. I think I'm gonna need to go back to work in order to rest.

Ciera has a new friend who moved in next door named Alexia. Her parents are Pedro and Nicole. They moved here from the Dominican Republic. They are HUGE Red Sox fans. My daughter has a friend 30 yards away whose Dad is named Pedro and loves the Sox: what are the odds?

Finally, the Oriole's took a 6-4 lead into the 8th inning over the Yankees, and it's now 8-6 MFY's with the game rain delayed still in the 8th. Freaking Oriole ineptness rears it's ugly head AGAIN.

Have I mentioned how much I despise off day's?

31 comments:

VTek said...

Morning Ted! Will hitting 500 & getting tossed create a new category in Cooperstown? The sun must be shining down on you to have blessed you with a Red Sox fan for a neighbor! Also, with that itinerary for next week, you guys are going to give D & I a run for our money :)

TGIF - Have a good one!

Ted D said...

You too Carol!

I'm looking forward to the weekend, and tell Baby D to have a happy 4th of July.

KAYLEE said...

I dont want him in the hall of fame but,maybe that is just cause I have NEVER liked him.

Tex said...

I love it Ted!! I am sure Angie is 'thrilled' there's another Red Sox fan near by :)

So only positive things to say now...we are still on top and many games ahead. We are back at home and now preparing to play the Rangers...let's Git Er Dun!!

Ted D said...

Tex, it's pretty cool, huh? I'm just glad Ciera has a friend so close by: they have been attached at the hip since they moved in!

Hope your time with the folks is going well.

And Kaylee, Happy 16th birthday: do I need to alert the Arizona DMV so they can alert all the driver's on the Arizona highways?

KAYLEE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KAYLEE said...

//Do I need to alert the Arizona DMV so they can alert all the driver's on the Arizona highways//

Depends on who you ask.....but, no the other people on the road are fine with me on it:)

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Kaylee, I had no idea you used to live next door to Frank Thomas . And got to know him on personel level. Stick to talking about Rock and Roll Highschool please!
Ok their I feel better. ITs raining again 18 straight days! Jr glad for Ceria I just hope Mutt and Jeff don't ruin it when they set the neighbors car on fire or torch his yard with fireworks.

Well someone has to do it, out to brush the pool if I can get Sonya to hold the umbrella over my head.

Carol if the rain doesn't stop soon I will be looking for some of Mothers little helpers!

VTek said...

Kaylee sounds like she would be a good "mother's little helper" - If she drives up north, I'm having her babysit D Lol

KAYLEE said...

//If she drives up north, I'm having her babysit D Lol//

Ya never know CAROL I MIGHT!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hey Jr I say my boy Jamey wright is pitching for the rangers tonight, His Dad was a agent also. Got to meet him his rookie yr he signed some cards for Garrison. He is from Moore ok .

Ted D said...

Bub, is that the kid the Indians drafted who pitched so well in the 97 season, then went to Colorado for awhile?

I had forgotten he was a local boy. Also, the USA today had an article on Reggie Willet who I found out is from Oklahoma, and went to OU.

Sooner nation is representing!

Tree Newt said...

Anybody that gets to 500 is ok in my book. I don't know if that should punch your ticket to Cooperstown in this day and age, but I still think he deserves his props. I can't hit a freaking wiffleball thrown by my 7 year old nephew, and Frank cranks out 500 at ML level? Go Frank! Way to do it with class, too! That's like a Gordie Howe Hat Trick!

KAYLEE said...

MATTIE, may i ask what that creature in your picture is?

Ted D said...

Hey little brother: I thought it was a pretty good accomplishment as well.

And I was going to ask the same thing: what have you morphed into?

Ted D said...

I forgot a "s" on Willits.

My bad.

Tree Newt said...

C'mon guys!!!! It's a newt!

KAYLEE said...

SORRY MATTIE:Its not everyday that i see a Newt!

Tree Newt said...

All is forgiven, Kaylee.

VTek said...

"Anybody that gets to 500 is ok in my book."

Matt - When you say someone is ok in your book, that's a high compliment! :D

KAYLEE said...

OK, Mattie you just said it like I should be ashamed of myself for not knowing.

VTek said...

Hi K - Don't mean to make you hungry again, but I have a "Veggie Lovers" pizza on the way from Pizza Hut!

KAYLEE said...

YUMMY I AM EATING A entire BOX OF GARLIC BREAD:)

VTek said...

You're entitled birthday girl ;)

KAYLEE said...

Thank you carol: like i need your permission.

VTek said...

Now that you're 16 K, I see that you're getting flippant lol.

VTek said...

And my pizza just arrived, so no pizza for you K ;)

KAYLEE said...

YES I AM LOL!

Ted D said...

Nobody asked me if I wanted any pizza.

Tree Newt said...

Kaylee, I wasn't being smart about it...that's Scott's job!

And Happy Birthday!

Tree Newt said...

Go open a box of Pizza Rolls, Hamhock.