CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 24, 2007

"Candlesticks make a nice gift"


*Picture from the Boston Globe*

What kind of conversation do you think is going on behind the gloves of Beckett and Lowell after Josh gave up a 2 run double in the 5th to make it a 3-2 Red Sox lead? Is it a serious, "shake it off, you've got these guys" talk, or more along the lines of the scene from Bull Durham and Beckett is asking Lowell what kind of animal do you sacrifice to prevent bad innings?

Whatever Mikey said seemed to work: Beckett went from a man on 2nd and nobody out after giving up the runs to walking off the field 3 outs later and the score was the same.

Texas should be proud: the favorite son of the Lone Star State pitched himself quite a game today. 3 innings after giving up the double, Beckett left with the following line:

8IP, 2R's, 6H's, 1BB, 8 K's. One Papelbot save later, and he's the first 11 game winner in the major's this year, sporting an 11-1 record and hopefully the starting spot in the All-Star game, and if there is any justice, the AL Cy Young.

A Tek home run made the final score 4-2, and the Red Sox took a series against the best team in the NL, finishing off inter-league play with a 12-6 record. Not as good as last year's 16-2, but it'll do just fine.

Oh yeah: the Yankees lost. Again. It's now an 11.5 game lead on the third place MFY's. That's right Yankee fan: the juggernaut known as the Toronto Blue Jays is in second place.

Somewhere, Suzyn Waldman is crying.

14 comments:

KAYLEE said...

BECKETT IS AWESOME! I missed the game but,I will sacrifice that for a win anyday:-) I was swimming yes
I am crazy and swam for 6 hours today.

Tex said...

All I got to say is Beckett ROCKS!!!!!!!! I took over 400 pics today...will post them when I get back home. the flag was flying and it worked..saw that convo happening and I was wondering the same thing Ted. Im a happy happy girl

KAYLEE said...

Oh TEX! I love seeing pictures of Beckett!

Tex said...

oh and personally I believe what Lowell was telling Josh was "hey there's this gal out here near 3rd base who's flying your homestate's flag and yelling for you to 'git er dun'...I think she means bizness man...pick it up" :)

KAYLEE said...

Its okay to dream bout what they say TEX:)

VTek said...

Ted - Lol on your title/caption. I'm lovin' the lead and the Yanks having to step aside!

K - You swam for 6 hours?- Wow.

Stacy said...

Tex, I'm with you on what Lowell was telling Beckett. He probably added, "you don't want to have to face this lady if we lose!" :)

Glad you had fun!

KAYLEE said...

Carol:Yeah me and my cousin were having fun and lost track of time.

Tree Newt said...

Just win, baby!

KAYLEE said...

Just win, baby!//

Ummm could you preach that to the guys in seattle? and not the ones with mariners on their uniforms.

Ted D said...

Whew: just got the heathens down. Ang had a party and I retreated with the kids to my Mom's house.

I like it Corn Meal: just win baby!

KAYLEE said...

Okay I just came from mattie's site and said something I never thought I would say to myself after.WHERE THE HECK HAS SCOTT BEEN? That wass not what I said to myself after by the way.ALRIGHT I AM WITH YOU BOYS.LETS WIN TONIGHT!I HOPE BATSHIT AGREES!

Tex said...

hey Ted...i am slowing down abit...sotb's cooking and I fly out tomorrow afternoon. I veg'd on Venice Beach today...gonna do it tomorrow again. flight leaves at 4:30...get to houston at 9:30...drive to parents home 2 1/2 hrs away...and then rest. I dont have my computer with me sorry...hope i can upload some pics to my dads computer and post some of them to my photobucket at least...

this weekend flew by TOO fast

Ted D said...

Tex, glad you had a great time, and I'm just messing with you on the pictures. Just post some up when you can, because I'd like to see them. Sounds like you all had a blast: I'm jealous.

Hope you have a safe flight home, and even though you have been great about posting while you've been gone, we've missed you around here. Too quiet!

And you were good luck: took 2 out of three from a VERY good team.