CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy Father's Day


While other Dad's were out golfing and fishing today, I was finally getting the kid's play set put up so Angie would quit yelling at me for my habit of procrastinating. In her defense, it has been a year and a half since we moved and I guess I'd count us fortunate the poor guy who bought our old house let us wait this long to move the freaking thing.

Our first year here we had NO grass in the backyard, so instead of having the boys look like Pigpen from "Charlie Brown" we never went and got it. The last 6 months: well, I don't have any excuse other than Angie married a REALLY lazy man. I somehow convinced my buddy Mike and brother-in-law Keith into taking a Saturday morning to go help me get the final piece: that fort on the end.

We got it back to the new house, and Mike, God love him, stayed until 4:00 this afternoon helping me get everything put back together. As you can see from the picture, it was a huge success: Trot is getting ready to topple headfirst over the swing, Ciera is playing on the slide in a way I'm pretty sure they don't recommend, and Rakes is on the rock wall.....well, not really sure what he's doing except it more than likely involves something he SHOULDN'T be doing. Yep: those are my little safety patrol members.

Rakes kept asking his Mom "when do we have to dake dis back?" and I don't think he ever finally understood it was his to keep. Bottom line? I'm out of the doghouse, at least on this issue, and Angie can take them out to play without having to have her head on a swivel looking out for speeding cars. So I've at least got THAT going for me.

Great game for the Red Sox today, winning 1-0, though my stupid FOX affiliate showed the Braves game, forcing me to "watch" the game on Gameday. Daisuke had, in his words, his best outing yet: went 7 inning's, struck out 8, giving up 3 each in hits and walks. Okajima pitched the 8th, and the Papelbot threw a perfect 9th.

The lone run? Courtesy of a Manny bomb in the 4th: I would have posted a picture here, but Tex keeps reading my mind and posting the same picture I'm planning on using first: STOP DOING that Tex. ;)

Bottom line: the Red Sox will do no worse than take the series, and should get me my Father's Day wish of a sweep, plus the MFY's end their day the way they began it: 8.5 behind the Sox.

And a special thank you to Carol, her husband John, and Baby D for my surprise Father's Day gift: you made this Dad's day.

Happy Father's Day to Scotty, Henpecked, Horsham, John, Carol's John, and any other Dad who reads this car crash I call a blog but has never posted.

We've got the best job in the world.

40 comments:

Tex said...

Just think Ted...now you don't have to worry about Rakes and Trot climbing on the table anymore....they'll be outside figuring out ways to climb to the top of the swing set :)

I'll be posting another one late tonight...before the game in honor of Fathers Day...I promise it will NOT be anything you were going to post.

and you'll just have to wait..i know the suspense is killing ya

KAYLEE said...

Well,I am glad to see you were a good father and got that up for them.But,I am afraid you may have just added to scott's and stacy's case of getting the boys helmets to wear around:-)

As for Manny boy was I glad he stepped up for the boys today.I was soo excited that I literally feel off my chair when he hit that homer.I want more than one run tomorrow though,cause,i am afraid with Wake pitching it isnt going to be a 1-0 final.Dont,get me wrong i am not saying Wake cant win but,he needs more than ne run.

KAYLEE said...

the ne is suppposed to say one ted,I know you would of figured that out but,I dont need scott,accusing me of making up words again:D

Ted D said...

Texas, I told Mike that I was SURE I'd look out the back door one day soon and see Rakes practicing his career as a circus high wire performer, walking across the top beam! I'm just glad that's the last big thing on my honey-do list I had.

I'll be looking for the new post: don't know if I'll make it tonight, but I'll definately check it in the morning before church if I miss it.

Kaylee, you are probably right: maybe I should just buy them football helments now and be done with it. And don't worry about Wake: he showed last time he only needs to give up a run to win.

Besides: it's what I wished for. A Red Sox sweep this weekend. SO it HAS to happen.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Kaylee I no longer accuse you, the proof is in the pudding.

Jr happy fathers day, hope the ruggies let you relax a little bit tomorrow. Nice to see Manny be the one sending a bomb out and not the Transformer Man.

KAYLEE said...

oh i see how it works if you wish for it in your mind it happens:)
i hope thats true.

KAYLEE said...

scott:you always find a way to get on me even if i try to say the right thing.

KAYLEE said...

and scott if you didnt see my comment in the last post happy fathers day.

KAYLEE said...

scott:who is the transformer man?

Ted D said...

Yes Bub: who is the transformer man?

And Happy Fathers Day to you too: I've learned a lot about being a Dad from you, you know.

OK sentimental moment over: where is Al Gore, I mean Henpecked tonight? It's Fathers Day weekend: surely Amanda let him get on the computer for 5 minutes between painting, hanging picutures, and composing songs, right?

KAYLEE said...

SCOTT: you surely cant be calling PAPI the"transformer man" right?

KAYLEE said...

wait tex is a mind reader?

Tex said...

oh and before I forget here as well

Happy Fathers Day to Ted, Scott, Matt, Horsham, and any other Dads who read this

Ted D said...

Thanks Tex.

Tex said...

kaylee...how many times do i have to tell YOU?? Mothers ARE mind readers...we know Everything!!

and new post is up

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

The Junkie is the tansformer man. Thanks for the Fathers Day shout out. Kaylee if I didn't like I would completly ignore you!

Yes Ted every night I think who saw me and did I leave a good example.Don't think I am always sucsessful. but I try

Ted D said...

Same here Bub: it's a heavy load.

I'm still confused: are you referring to Bond's?

Your spelling causes a lot of confusion: you really should consider a pocket dictionary.

KAYLEE said...

scottLi know that and yeah i am still confused too.

Tex said...

whats wrong with ya?? I understand Scott's language

Ted D said...

Tex, if you understand him, more power to ya.

I've known the man 25+ years, and he confuses the crap out of me.

All right all: I'm off to bed. Someone this ugly needs all the beauty rest I can get.

See you tomorrow.

KAYLEE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KAYLEE said...

nothing is wrong with me tex just dont speak scott language:-)

HorshamScouse said...

Looks like you've got the perfect excuse to enjoy a day of rest on Father's Day, Ted, having done all the work the day before:)

Hope the kids play safe on that thing, it looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks for the namecheck and happy Father's Day to you too!

VTek said...

Good Father's Day/Morning Ted
/Your spelling causes a lot of confusion: you really should consider a pocket dictionary/ - Is that what you got Scott for Father's day?- lol. I will tell John that you wished him a Happy Father's Day when he wakes up :) There are presents waiting for him on the kitchen table, but he & D are playing sleepy head right now.

Regarding the swing set, nothing like getting it done down to the wire to score some extra Father's day presents from the kiddos ;)
Hope Wake comes through for ya - Enjoy your day!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

come on now off the spelling. Of course I am talking about Bonds.
Off to Fathers Day with my heavenly Father!

Stacy said...

Happy Father's Day, Little Brother! I thought that was so cute that Rakes didn't understand the play fort was his to keep. :)

The mental image of him walking across that top beam does not do anything to put to rest my fears about the safety of your two youngest offspring. Apparently, fear is not in their vocabulary. Good luck there, and stay stocked up on Maalox.

Ted D said...

Whew: back from round one of Father's Day: went to the in laws for lunch, home for a nap for the boys, and back out to my Dad's tonight.

Get home and the Sox are winning 7-3: can't beat that for a good start.

Horsham, Carol, and Stacy: thanks for the well wishes.

Scott: "Spelling for Dummies". Trust me.

KAYLEE said...

AT least you dont have to cook today TED!

Tex said...

relax and enjoy Ted. Just so ya know...I brought in the runs with pvs and rally you know

Ted D said...

Thanks Tex: I saw that! I'm sort of lurking right now, trying to relax a little.

Very dissapointed, like you are, that Bond's hit one in Fenway: was hoping we could dodge that bullet.

Still, an 8-4 lead in the 6th is not too shabby.

Tex said...

Ted i won't be posting again till later tonight...so feel free to use whatever pic first before I choose mine. AND I promise NOT to look at your blog before I blog a new post tonight...and lets see how close we get :)

and the game is OVAH!!! WE WIN and take the series!!!!!!

Ted D said...

Sounds good Tex: I'll post up after we get back from my Dad's and the kid's are in bed.

KAYLEE said...

how nice you are tex.

VTek said...

/I'm sort of lurking right now, trying to relax a little./

Every Dad's right on Father's Day ;)

KAYLEE said...

fathers have the right to anything they wish to on their Day right carol?

KAYLEE said...

and ted dont tell me to tell your wife that:)

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

/I'm sort of lurking right now, trying to relax a little./

Want to borrow my spelling book?

KAYLEE said...

SCOTT: YOU ARE TOO FUNNY SOMETIMES:)

Ted D said...

Lurking is correct, I think. Lercking, which is what I think you were going to say, is not.

Happy Father's Day, old man.

KAYLEE said...

OK,why was I worried about wake getting the win today? HE got it with no problem,although,it wasnt his best outing.