CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 8, 2007

From the venue formerly known as The BOB.

Took the kids to the pool tonight, just got 'em all to bed, and I look up and the game is about to start. So: short and sweet tonight.

I hope Papi hits one in that swimming pool in the outfield at Chase Field, JD treats Stephen like every older brother should by beating him down, and Beckett wins #9 tonight.

I need the memory of the first 3 games in Oakland wiped out of my mind like The Fresh Prince and TLJ did in "Men in Black" ASAP. Those low scoring games this past week? Just a blip on the run scoring radar, and tonight's the night they start on another swath of destruction through the NL like they did last year.

Lugo goes 4-4, Ortiz and Manny go back to back, and Beckett goes 8 strong innings.

Hey: it COULD happen.

14 comments:

Tex said...

well so far Lugo is 1-1 and hit a homer...I say we win and josh gets his 9th

Tree Newt said...

Jr, glad to hear you're doing ok. I was scared this accident would make you...gasp...hang out with Ang and talk about your feelings! Glad you're in front of the TV watching the Sox! That means no serious damage to the frontal lobe!

Ted D said...

I'm physic Tex! 3 more Julio.

How are ya tonight?

Ted D said...

Where in the world have you been? I thought you had moved on to more scholarly blogs and left us bottom feeders behind.

Is the world ready for the unveiling of Caroline's 1st birthday?

Tree Newt said...

The question is not "is the world ready for Caroline's 1st birthday." The more appropriate question is "Are YOU, Uncle Ted, ready for Caroline's 1st birthday?!!"

Tree Newt said...

And no scholarly blog could top hangin with my peeps at Red Sox Dad.

Ted D said...

Am I ready? I don't know: you are in on the planning of this event.

I am looking forward to seeing my niece as I'm sure she is excited to see her favorite Uncle.

Glad you could talk with the commoners tonight corn meal.

Tree Newt said...

All you commoners, the Newt has published a "shallow end" piece on the Perch.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Jr I am worried. Their might be a chance the other driver might claim they are not at fault BECAUSE SHE WAS TRYING TO READ ALL TEH FREAKIN BUMBER STICKERS ON YOUR CAR.

Ted D said...

I just try to provide my fellow drivers with some entertainment as they drive Bub.

4-0 Sox, top of the 3rd: Drew and Lugo have homah'd.

Matty, got some fatback cooling in the microwave, but I'll comment shortly.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Tried to call you on the new hotline #. And of course you don't answer. Call me I got some # on the car.

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Went to Newts. Man he goes from the musings of Socrates to PeeWee Herman in a heart beat!

HorshamScouse said...

Apart from Papi not finding the pool, you called it Ted. Oh, and Lugo leading off with a homer? He needs many more of those and he'd still not be Alex Gonzalez.

Ted D said...

I'm amazed I called it as close as I did John. 'Course even a blind squirrell finds a nut every now and then!

Just glad to see them score some runs: Julian tonight, so who knows what will happen.