CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Why?

What kind of world are we living in where a man murders his wife and child over a weekend, then kills himself? Where the same man has given his SEVEN year old son growth hormone because he wasn't growing at the proper rate?

This Chris Benoit story has blown my mind: I can't imagine a man killing his wife and son, then hanging himself 2 days later. What could possibly be so bad that doing that is the best possible scenario?

I just don't get it: and I know how blessed I am to have 3 healthy, happy children. And believe me, I hugged all three of them extra tight tonight. I just don't understand how a man can come to that point and decide that is the best course of action.

Lot's of evil in the world: I guess as a Dad it's my job to keep that from them as long as possible.

I wish I had an answer for why stuff like this happens: I don't. The world is a scary place, and it seems like it gets scarier by the day. I wonder what I'm doing raising 3 children in a time where the value of a human life means this little.

My Pastor told us last Sunday that it's OK to ask God why he let's all this bad stuff happen. That it's OK not to understand, as a Dad, how this Benoit thing can come about.

I think I'll take him up on that tonight.

10 comments:

VTek said...

Ted - May we hope to some day stop hearing about these nightmares on the news. And may you have sweet dreams even though the Sox got swept!

Ted D said...

Carol, I'll try: this story has really gotten to me, and I don't know why. I have not watched wrestiling in about 3 years, but this has got me hooked.

I just don't get it, and probably never will.

On the positive side, the Yankees lost, so we still have an 11 game lead. On the negative, the Blue Jays won, which means we only have a 9 game lead on them.

Somehow, I'm not that worried about the Blue Jays.

VTek said...

Teddy - I think the Blue Jays would take offense to that :D

Unfortunately, there are a lot of stories out there that can get to any of us :(

On that note, I wish you goodnight!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Ted,Whats really got me is , this might just be the tip fo the iceberg! IF drugs or enhancement supp. have a part in this just wait. The big picture problem could be mind boggeling. The price to pay for short term stardom will have a seep price tag!

Tex said...

if anyone thinks this incident will affect whether other athletes will take hgh...it won't because as usual...people just think "it wont happen to me"

this storyline gets more and more bizzare.

I aint worried bout the Jays either Ted. and I SHOR aint worried anymore bout the spankees

Ted D said...

Tex, sadly I think you are right. Hope things are going great at your Mom and Dad's, and that you are relaxing from your west coast swing!

Tree Newt said...

Jesus said "In this world, you WILL have trouble...but take heart, I have overcome the world."

When stuff like this happens, and I can't grasp the reasons why, I take solace in His promise.

Ted D said...

Mattie, I know that's true: it just doesn't make it any easier to understand.

Sam said...

This story affected me as well, unbelievable that someone could do that to a child and one that is of his own blood makes it even more horrendous if possible, and his wife someone he vowed to love and cherish.

Wonder if this will have any impact on the wrestling world or sports in general ?

Ted D said...

Samantha, don't know if you'll see this, because once I post a new one, I sort of move on.

But a man who could kill his own wife and child: I CAN'T get my mind around that. The fact he was giving a mentally disabled child growth hormone tells me all I need to know about his mental state.

Just a sick, sad event. My only hope is that someone will investigate an industry where the performers have no benifits, no retirement, nothing. Just the money they make: sort of tells you why they would take steroids, etc.. to make the money they can WHILE they can.