CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 4, 2008

It was Uncanny, really.

Rakes did a spot on, perfect impression of Tek at the plate tonight, complete with the foot lift and the waggling of the bat.

I have no idea when he perfected this or how he sat still long enough to absorb it into his memory, but somehow he did.

I'd love to post a picture but Blogger is pitching a hissy fit and I can't download an image off the Internet, much less one from my crappy camera.

Somehow I get the feeling he'll be debuting this new trick come the first T-Ball practice next spring.

If so, at least he won't be standing at home plate with his arms in the air celebrating a ground ball to second while I'm screaming "Run!" from the stands.

A victory, no matter how small, is still considered a victory.

7 comments:

Tree Newt said...

He'll have to show off his Tek move for me next time I'm up. I know it's classic. I'm off to bed. The school thing is whipping me right now. Go Bo Sox.

Ted D said...

Mattie, you'll be a great teacher. At least as good as that dude in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". Rakes being Tek is one for the ages; blogger deserves a kick to the gibleys for not letting me post the photographic evidence.

HorshamScouse said...

What, swinging at ball four as it bounces in front of him???

I'm kidding, Tek'll come good when it really matters.

Redbeard76 said...

its good to have manny gone, we are doing so much better without him
go red sox lets go

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I deleted the previous comment. I had a better idea. Would you like me to drop a hit to Ang about a camera for Christmas for you?

Ted D said...

Scouser, I didn't say HIT like Tek, I said he had the stance down right!

Redbeard, I miss Manny; always will I think. It was tough watching Bay come up last night and not think about Manny hitting there, but we almost came back.

Edge, a camera would be a FANTASTIC hint to drop!