CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Mondays: Just another kick to the Gibleys.

Normally I hate Mondays on principle alone. First day of the week, LONG wait until the weekend, 5 full days of Al Roker and Matt Lauer, etc..

Today was a little different; today, Ciera started 5th grade. That means that one year from now I'll be walking her into middle school while shooting dirty looks at any male over the age of, oh let's just say 2. This isn't possible; I swear it was last week when I brought her home from the hospital, yet here we are on August 25th, 2008 and I'm basically screwed.

Top it off with the fact the Sox had an off day and head into hell on earth, NYC tomorrow night to start a 3 game set with the MFY and I'm beside myself.

So here I sit, watching last season's season finale of "Prison Break" while fuming about Father Time moving so freaking fast and cursing the schedule makers for this stupid off day. Don't they know I've got issues I'm having to deal with?

Tomorrow, Wake will be on the mound, Papi will be spitting in his hands and slapping his gloves together, and I'll be OK.

Or at least as OK as I ever am.

6 comments:

HorshamScouse said...

I read 'Wake will be on the mound' as 'Rakes will be on the mound'!

You raising a 20-year career knuckleballer?

Off days suck, but a sweep in the Bronx will make up for this one.

HorshamScouse said...

One other thought: Are you smarter than a fifth-grader?

Ted D said...

I hope so, Horsham. Only I think Rakes will be a screwball pitcher.

And no, I'm not smarter than a 5th grader; which is why I'm royally screwed.

Anonymous said...

About your comment...this too shall pass. It's an age thing, I'm convinced. I do believe there's a day coming that we'll wish we didn't sweat it so much because meticulous may kick in. Especially when it comes to appearances. Actually, if you would have seen them together this Sunday, you'd know it's already happening. They looked very stylish, trendy and beautiful.

Anonymous said...

PS: Dd wants you to know that she can't even put her shoes away but she did remember to put stuff on her ears today (last night too) both without me telling her.

Ted D said...

Edge, I saw them when you brought her home and you're right. They were beautiful. And congrats to DD from remembering!ibl