CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

It's not a matter of if. It's a matter of when.

World's are gonna collide. Sometime, somewhere, there is going to be chaos at Casa de Ted.

On one side is 10 hour work days, a loving wife, 3 beautiful kids, and a list of chores a mile long.

On the opposing bench? Red Sox games, blogger, Facebook, and a desire for some free time.

Just like George Costanza once had to deal with it, I'm about to experience world's colliding; and it ain't gonna be pretty.

I've put it off like the UN sanctions against Iraq held off the inevitable; one day soon I'm gonna have to pick one side or the other.

Obviously, I'm picking Ang and the kids.

Although it's a good thing it's August and not April when I have to make this decision. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure all bets would be off. At least until the World Series ended.

It's a shame "Leave it to Beaver" and "The Walton's" never prepared us for stuff like this.

9 comments:

HorshamScouse said...

Good choice Ted.

Anonymous said...

Excellent choice and I'm not convinced. I think you'd still pick Angie and the kids over the World Series if it really got down to it.

Ted D said...

Thanks, John. And Edge; although I'm not entirely convinced myself. ;)

If the Rays would just lose a game I think I'd feel a lot better.

Tex said...

think of it this way...blogging IS picking your family cos its your legacy you're handing down to them and a way of them remembering growing up with pics and all. You've brainwashed the kids well so they will want to watch the games with you so there you have family time too.
Now if we can just convince Ang to come on over...should I send her some of my Tek photos? ;)

Ted D said...

NO Tek photos, Tex! I'm bad enough without having photographic evidence showing exactly how pitiful I am compared to a man's man!

Tex said...

FINE. Im sending her Lowell's hotty gray hair pics. Or better yet, Timlin's tossled hair pics.

and btw. Im back

Ted D said...

//and btw. Im back//

Woot!

Tree Newt said...

In the words of someone recently posting on my blog:

"Sack up, nancy."

You think you got no time? At least you don't have to wake up with the chickens to go to work. Bro, you have NO idea. I'm telling you: selling...we weren't working, we were playing.

But you have made the right choice...even though it's easy for you to say that when it's not October.
:)

Ted D said...

You aren't challenging me, are you? ;)

Yep; what we did before was cake compared to now, Mattie. Glad to hear you had such a good week and I know I made the right choice NOW.

See me in a month and hopefully my story is the same.